Sorry to ask, But 100 days plus???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to ask, But 100 days plus???

im in los angeles, ca. im well over 100 days since my 341(5-12-09). pacer shows nothing updated since 341. court clerk will not answer phones, i waited over 40 minutes, tried many times. the phone number of my tt is no longer in service. any suggestions? i filed Pro Se, so im a little worried there is some hangup im not aware of. and yes, i am getting impatient

Over 100 days and you have nothing yet? Maybe you should go to the court in your local area where you filed and find out what is going on?

Hope your case gets updated soon!
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

I am in Riverside and it took about 130 days for me. I was pro-se though. I would say give it another month.
      filed 1-22-09
      hearing 2-24-09
      discharged 7-13-09

Comment

my younger sister is filing in a week or to, she is using a paralegal friend for the paperwork, but will file Pro Se also, so i offered to go with her. i plan to inquire in person at that time. at least others have had similar or longer waits. strange my tt's phone number is longer in service.

Comment

strange about the trustee. if the bk clerk doesn't answer the phone, look for other phone numbers on the court's website. i called the secretary for the judge that was listed for my case (it was next to impossible to get the bk clerk to pick up the phone; that phone number seemed to be going to a black hole!). she did my discharge 10 minutes after we got off the phone (though while on the phone she said she could promise nothing).
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

oh, it's either secretary or law clerk for your judge.
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09

Comment

They have both a secretary and a clerk. Although usually Federal Court Clerks just do legal research, etc. for the Judge.

Are you in LA Central District or one of the branch Courts?
              Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
              341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
              Discharged: 11/30/2009
              Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

in my case, the judge's law clerks were the ones responsible for entering the discharge. i think bk clerks are different from ordinary federal court clerks, who have less administrative responsibilities and more research responsibilities.
                filed ch7 May 09
                341 june 09

Comment

im in the LA Central District. i will try to find other numbers. thanks

Comment

I called the number listed on the website for mine. It had taken almost 4 months. They "forgot" about my case...got lost in the shuffle. The clerk discharge while we were talking and it was in pacer within minutes. Call 211 (government information) and ask for the bk court clerk's number...maybe they can give you a new number. Remember, there are only certain hours they will answer the phone. I think its like 9a-11a or 2-4. It's not all day. And I don't think they work on Fridays.
                    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

thanks for the info, but... so, how do you all get this info? i have tried looking up info, but no luck, all i get are the same worthless numbers im calling. i tried searching the judge, but there is no contact info, only the court address, there is no mention of my judges clerk or secretary or any phone numbers. i tried to find why my tt's phone number is disconnected, still lists his old number on court website. im sure the judges dont want filers calling them direct anyway. typical goverment SOB. cant imagine why anyone would want the goverment to take over healthcare. they cant even do simple paperwork ontime. god help us if "reform" ever passes.

Comment

and of course they wouldnt answer the phones all day long, gosh that would just be so hard. but, gee, a simple message stating as such would maybe be helpful, but heaven forbid they become helpful. not sure why i expected better service than the US post office. guess because judges and lawyers are involved, then again, lawyers are scumbags, and judges are past lawyers. guess i answer my own question. im buzy at work also, but if i was months behind on my work, i wouldnt have a job. these lazy goverment workers are something else

Comment

That is the link to the phone numbers for the court. While I know that it is frustrating to wait for your discharge, you need to realize that there have been more than 75% increase in filings in LA since the beginning of the year. This has nothing to do with lazy people, but more about the court system being overwhelmed.

While some folks have had some negative experiences here with their lawyers, to generalize and say everyone is lazy and not doing their job is not a fair statement.
                          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                          Discharged: 11/30/2009
                          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

on 2manybills' link, click on information, then the individual judge's name. you'll get phone number for chambers.

a safe place for venting is one of the things this forum is here for. remember to unvent and ungeneralize once the discharge comes!
                            filed ch7 May 09
                            341 june 09

Comment

sorry, just having a hard time coming up with really great preforming goverment enities to justify your retorts, regardless of any workload increases. and if i ever get behind because my workload has increased more than i can handle, im sure to notify all the effected parties asap. a simple notice on their site would do, doesnt seem like asking to much from non-lazy workers, does it? i beleive that they have been running behind for over a year. still no simple notice anywhere. hate to say it, but i have a feeling i might be more right than you, just my opinion. and yes, ill eat my words, (if?) when discharged. but if you have ever witnessed court employees days, its a joke. i was on jury duty. start at 9:30am, break at 10:30am, return at 10:50, lunch from 12-2pm, actually start back at 2:30, day ends at 4pm. would that be a lazy day to you or an overworked day? not that BK court is the same, i dont know what the judge really does, but they sure aint in any hurry, thats for sure, just like the judge on the jury trail i was on.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X