Can anyone tell me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me??

We were discharged 2 months ago. I did not reaffirm, but was not behind on payments either. I have been paying all the payments on-time after the discharge, but am thinking of stopping this month and saving my money for the up coming move. How long do you think I can stay in this house before the bank catches up with me and tosses me out??? I heard up to a year, but I don't buy that... please, anyone, what do you think? Thanks!!!

Originally posted by stanblam View Post
    How long do you think I can stay in this house before the bank catches up with me and tosses me out??? I heard up to a year, but I don't buy that... please, anyone, what do you think? Thanks!!!
    Who knows. It really depends on two factors. What State you live in, and how motivated your Bank is in foreclosing.

In most cases, you have at least 120 days from the time your first payment becomes late! I've been waiting since January 2008 for them to foreclose on my rental property.

There are too many factors to just quote a number, but I'm comfortable with the 120 days from the time of first "default" (missed payment).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Please note. That posting the same question in various threads will cause problems for posters in keeping track of your questions. You posted this as a totally different thread with a different title.

https://www.bkforum.com/node/45419
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

sorry

I am sorry about that, changed my mind on the best place to post... not too good with the sites I guess. Won't happen again. PS, thanks for the help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X