top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card 2 be charged by health insurance, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card 2 be charged by health insurance, help?

Atty said stop using cards last month. We are filing in early November.

My husband's health insur goes to one of our CCs and I usually reimburse it back to the card from our bank acct the next day. I called the health insure to say I wanted to change the pmt to our debit card, and they sent a form that says it'll take 6 weeks for this to go into effect!!

Now I've got a $67 charge going to a card we aren't paying on Sept 21. What to do? Will this appear like we're trying to sneak stuff onto the card that we know is part of our bk?

Wondering if I should push another $67 pmt thru to the card the day after it goes on there? ugh. We owe a $200 pmt to them next week and we won't be paying it.... I've had so many of these trip ups in the last 3 weeks.
    Stopped paying CCs 6/09
    Filed 1/10
    341 = 3/10
    6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

I wouldn't worry about small charges. Especially health related.
    No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Don't worry about medical expenses as these are necessary and allowed!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Don't worry about it. I even used my gas card to put $80 worth of gas in both cars days after filing. We also went to dinner for $50 a few days after filing. I was thinking that as long as I was current that they would not shut the cards off. I was wrong. Shortly after, they revoked both accounts. At my 341 they never said a peep about it.

You're in the same situation with your card being hit. I think they only go after the $200-1000 charges. The paralegal who did the paperwork on our case asked if we charged anything over $600 in the past 3 months prior to filing. I said NO and that was the end of that.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
          Don't worry about it. I even used my gas card to put $80 worth of gas in both cars days after filing. We also went to dinner for $50 a few days after filing. I was thinking that as long as I was current that they would not shut the cards off. I was wrong. Shortly after, they revoked both accounts. At my 341 they never said a peep about it.

You're in the same situation with your card being hit. I think they only go after the $200-1000 charges. The paralegal who did the paperwork on our case asked if we charged anything over $600 in the past 3 months prior to filing. I said NO and that was the end of that.
          Dm, so you started piling up new debt the very day after you filed your petition? Oh my!
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

The money you charged after filing won't be discharged.

Comment

Originally posted by hereforinfo View Post
              The money you charged after filing won't be discharged.
              When will I get notice of this?

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                Dm, so you started piling up new debt the very day after you filed your petition? Oh my!
                If I had known they were going to shut the cards off, I would have never done that. I was thinking because I was current, they would get the bankruptcy notice and keep the cards active because I was not in default. I had no idea they would shut off everything regardless if I was current or not.

Now I understand why everyone, including the lawyers, tell you to STOP PAYING the credit cards as you're throwing money away. And it's absolutely true. Now I learned that even if you're current on your credit cards, it does not matter. They still shut the cards off anyway.

So anyone reading this should take my advice and others... If you're going to file bankruptcy, STOP PAYING ALL CREDIT CARDS, regardless if you're late on them or not. ALL OF THEM will be shut off whether you like it or not. I found this out the hard way.

I had my Shell gas card account opened since 1989. I wanted to keep that card for emergencies. I usually pay off that card in full every month.

Nope... they SHUT IT DOWN right when they got that bankruptcy notice.

I filed at the end of July. A week later I had no money in my checking and our gas tanks were empty, so I filled up the tanks for about $80 on both cars. I went to check the balance a few days later so I could pay off the card and the system wouldn't let me check the balance. I eventually got an operator on the phone that explained to me that the account was closed. I asked about the balance and they said not to worry about it.

Why did they not object before my 341?

Comment

When will I get notice of this?
                  You should get a bill after discharge. Right now they can't bill you because of the automatic stay.

Comment

Why did they not object before my 341?
                    Because it would cost them thousands of dollars to complain about $80.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      Because it would cost them thousands of dollars to complain about $80.
                      Not to mention they didn't want to tangle THE Debtmonster!
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

If I had known they were going to shut the cards off, I would have never done that. I was thinking because I was current, they would get the bankruptcy notice and keep the cards active because I was not in default. I had no idea they would shut off everything regardless if I was current or not.
                        That's just not true. You asked here weeks before and you were told that the cards would be shut down. You've read enough posts here to know that you are not supposed to use your cards after filing. You whined and complained about the fact that you wouldn't have the credit cards to use when your wife needs a manicure or you want to eat out at Macaroni Grill.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X