Now I'm in doo-doo and need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm in doo-doo and need advice

I have a business and a hobby that earns money. the business should be okay, (we discussed that)

With respect to my hobby, I admit I am a schmuck. I never checked before she filed and I just realized/ remembered discovered that the bank account my hobby money goes into, I had originally put in her name after all. (I know that sounds very strange--she helps me handle my money, ironically enough). I freely admit I am an idiot for this which is one of the reasons she helps me in the first place.

so what the heck should I do now? Quit my hobby, which I enjoy making a couple of hundred a week? Change the bank account? How can I continue on without getting in trouble with her trustee?

Please note, she turns the money from that account over to me and does not spend it. Unfortunately, she writes checks to "cash" and then gives it to me. (Yes, I suck).

I know, I should have recalled this and fixed this a long time ago, but now its too late?

What should I do

Sounds like she's the one who's going to be in doo-doo if she didn't include this account and income. She needs to contact her attorney asap.

Comment

If something earns money, then it is not a hobby???
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Yes its a hobby. i guess she reported it.

What should I DO?

Thanks

Comment

Well who is she? Your wife? Is she filing too?

Comment

Without following other threads be specific as to who "she" is. If you are not filing and she is, you are not in a jam, she is. If you both are filing independent of each other, then you both have to amend forms for your income. You cashed those checks somewhere for something, can you prove what you spent the "cash" checks on? What kind of account? PayPal? 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by pookieny View Post
              Well who is she? Your wife? Is she filing too?
              'She' is a girlfriend and they live together in her house. Here is the thread that will explain it:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Oh, I'm a bonehead. NO, we are not married. We do live together.

Comment

Hi Hub,

Sorry for the oversight.

I am NOT filing for BK, she is. Is that what you mean when you talk about amending?

thanks.

the original question is:

o what the heck should I do now? Quit my hobby, which I enjoy making a couple of hundred a week? Change the bank account? Wind down and restart with a new account in my name? How can I continue on without getting in trouble with her trustee?

Please advise.

Comment

If it's your hobby and business just keep her out of it. I don't see what she has to do with it other than you put some of that money in her bank account and she's filing for bankruptcy.

Comment

You're not married, I don't see why her debts and her filing is really bottom line any of your concern. If you're co-mingling money, than stop.

Comment

If your not married and have not cosigned on any of her accounts, her filing will have little to no impact on you.
                        My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                        posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X