Ebay Account ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Account ??

I share an Ebay account that I sell under from time to time and the modest sum I do make goes into our Paypal account.

I recently learned he is about to declare BK.

What do I do now?

Should I just oen another Paypal account and send my Ebay stuff there? Since we also share the ID, should I get another one? (I would prefer not since I've had that one for a while).

TIA!!

Yes... divorce yourself of this other person! You should be using your own personal account anyhow, especially when it comes to a financial account like PayPal!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You may attempt to ask this person if he would give up the account. Change the passwords and get a new PayPal account. It depends upon how much went through it in his name. If very little, it is inconsequential. But if much, then get out and start your own. It really is no big deal. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hub,

I will. But it was several thousand. Won't the trustee demand to know about where the money is going now? Would the trustee be like "yeah right".

I feel like 'm screwed or something.

Should I change my Ebay ID too?

sigh

Comment

I forgot, and 'Hub brings up good points. There are certain things you can do once you reach a certain "level" within both PayPal and eBay. One of the features I love, is being able to sell in lots. You can't do this with a relatively new account. It has to have a certain level and number of sales before you're allowed to do the more advanced features.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X