X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever notice........

After filing BK......
    • Going to the mailbox is fun again.

You can design awesome "Mobiles" out of all those useless credit cards as a reminder of what was.

Your not filling 2 garbage bags a week with all that junk mail and paying for the disposal.

Your wallet got much thinner and your back does hurt as much from carrying the plastic around.

The phone doesn't ring...unless it's someone you want to talk to.

Even though they shut off your online access to your accounts...they still fill your inbox with junk email...that includes the cute comment "To opt-out of these emails, just log on to your account...???

Although dirty and over 80% of it has traces of cocaine on it...paper money actually feels pretty good.

You now have time for the important things in life...you and your family...since doing bills now takes minutes and not days.

Aside from the fears of the BK process, you actually feel pretty good, life is beginning to be enjoyable.

You really don't need to argue about money...it's now obvious you don't have any, you need to strategize your budget (include savings), live by it, wait a few months and look at the rewards.

Did you ever notice that after you file BK.....the incredibly overbearing weight you carried around for years is finally lifted...you now have a chance for a "Fresh Start", use it wisely, remember we only get one life to live...how will you decide to live?

I just thought this forum could use some humor (and fact) from the BK process. It is a serious decision, as I read about all the tragic events and the stress that it puts on everyone close to us. It is important for all of us to realize we have been give the opportunity for a "Fresh Start"...use it wisely.

Good stuff man, I loved it.
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Nice post. Thank you.

The wife and I never argue over money now, like you said, we just have what we have and that's it. No more, "well, just put it on the credit card I guess". It's the most amazing I've felt in years. I look forward to a smooth 341, 60 days, and then continued smart money habits and a bright future....

It was amazing to pay for last summer's family vacation in CASH instead of credit (even if it was a pretty simple one). The kids had a blast. They need so much less than we think they do.
      Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
      341 Meeting 09/09/09
      Discharged 11/12/09
      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Great post, thanks. it sounds great to have a mindset of having a fresh start esp later in life. Going through 2 divorces and being a single parent of 2 kids, just need that fresh start if only I can get past the 341! I have anxiety over what the trustee will look like or how he would behave, all I know is that the trustee is a male according to my papers. Anyway, the post was inspiring. The last couple of months have been challenging living on cash only and oh boy, a big change from plastic to cash, plastic is like having headaches while cash is like aspirin especially when saving cash for important necessities.
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Well done. Thanks!
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks for the post....even though my case is almost done those old fears start creeping in and your post puts things back in perspective
            7-2-2009 Filed
            8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
            10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dspii View Post
              Although dirty and over 80% of it has traces of cocaine on it...paper money actually feels pretty good.
              Um... why do you think it feels so good?

Comment

That's a great and very true post!
                4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whipster1 View Post
                  Thanks for the post....even though my case is almost done those old fears start creeping in and your post puts things back in perspective
                  Those "real" fears are what inspired me to put it in writing, just a reminder to myself that making the decision was the hardest part.....

Comment

Originally posted by dspii View Post
                    After filing BK......
                    • Going to the mailbox is fun again.

You can design awesome "Mobiles" out of all those useless credit cards as a reminder of what was.

Your not filling 2 garbage bags a week with all that junk mail and paying for the disposal.

Your wallet got much thinner and your back does hurt as much from carrying the plastic around.

The phone doesn't ring...unless it's someone you want to talk to.

Even though they shut off your online access to your accounts...they still fill your inbox with junk email...that includes the cute comment "To opt-out of these emails, just log on to your account...???

You now have time for the important things in life...you and your family...since doing bills now takes minutes and not days.

Aside from the fears of the BK process, you actually feel pretty good, life is beginning to be enjoyable.

You really don't need to argue about money...it's now obvious you don't have any, you need to strategize your budget (include savings), live by it, wait a few months and look at the rewards.

Did you ever notice that after you file BK.....the incredibly overbearing weight you carried around for years is finally lifted...you now have a chance for a "Fresh Start", use it wisely, remember we only get one life to live...how will you decide to live?

I just thought this forum could use some humor (and fact) from the BK process. It is a serious decision, as I read about all the tragic events and the stress that it puts on everyone close to us. It is important for all of us to realize we have been give the opportunity for a "Fresh Start"...use it wisely.
                    Might I add that whenever you get a paper bill that has the question "Where's George?" on it, you can actually log onto a website and trace where that particular bill has been--if the handlers between you and the originator have been kind enough to log it in the database. It's rather fun to see where your bill has traveled.

The site is wheresgeorge dot com.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by bkmaggster View Post
                      Um... why do you think it feels so good?
                      Never thought about that....so now I know why I could never feel how much cash was leaving my hands

Comment

Right on!! Love it!
                        Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                        341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Great post! I just said to my DH on Saturday, wow - there's like no mail anymore!
                          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                          Discharged: 11/30/2009
                          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Amazingly so true... I never thought about it...lol For us its no more medical bills too Life is good!!!
                            chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
                            9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

Comment

ditto..

When i read about the list of movie hollywood types and all the gilioniares who filed...I didn't feel alone--I felt so guilty--but, I just couldn't pay the 30% interest rates anymore..my son was so sick and they would only accept cash.
                              I also read where god forgives us and every 7 years we have a fresh start a clean slate with debt...I file my paper work in the morning.. I loved what you wrote and its all true...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X