Finally Filled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Filled

I've been working the last couple months to file a ch 7 pro se and I finally filed Friday.

It was a surreal experience. I found myself in the parking garage outside of the courthouse wondering if I should really "do this", and then I remembered I had already gone over those reasons.

I walked into the banckruptcy clerks office, and when they asked me what they could do for me, I proudly declared I wanted to file for banckruptcy.

The staff giggled, as I'm sure they thought this bright eyed twenty something was like the droves of people Im sure walk in or call thinking its a quick process. They were however amazed at the quality of my fileing.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for thier insight and posts.
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se - 9/5/2009
    341 - 10/26/09
    Discharge - 12/30/09
    Closed - 1/4/10

Quite an accomplishment. Cheers to you!
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Kuddos for filing on your own. Good luck with your process and keep us up to date. Yea, you always play the "Should I" or "Shouldn't I" game over and over and over.
      Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Originally posted by sdbird101 View Post
        The staff giggled, as I'm sure they thought this bright eyed twenty something was like the droves of people Im sure walk in or call thinking its a quick process. They were however amazed at the quality of my fileing.
        They giggled, because, while people do walk in, it's not that often. When I went in, I just place my "stack" on the counter. Few words were exchanged. We each knew why I was there. LOL

You are right though, they don't expect Pro Se debtors to be well prepared. I have seen a good number of Pro Se filings and they are all over the map.

When the Clerk goes through your petition and finds NOTHING MISSING with everything signed appropriately, they are always SHOCKED!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Good job and contratulations!
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            They giggled, because, while people do walk in, it's not that often. When I went in, I just place my "stack" on the counter. Few words were exchanged. We each knew why I was there. LOL

You are right though, they don't expect Pro Se debtors to be well prepared. I have seen a good number of Pro Se filings and they are all over the map.

When the Clerk goes through your petition and finds NOTHING MISSING with everything signed appropriately, they are always SHOCKED!
            I'l bet you showed up right at High Noon!
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
              I'l bet you showed up right at High Noon!
              Actually... the timestamp is exactly 3:30PM. Sorry. It was surreal though. I just put the stack on the counter. I think she thought I was a messenger (delivering it). I really don't recall saying anything.

(Okay, she did mention, after doing a page count, and reorganizing the pages in the Order that the District likes them in, for imaging, that I needed a local form for declaration of SSN.)
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X