Trustee's "Application for Compensation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by want2save View Post
    My understanding is that discharge involves ONLY your debt, which is the concern of most chapter 7 filers. I did not have the income tofile a 13,. So, as an asset case, I have to be concerned with closing which will release my exempt assets. Or, so says my attorney here in OR.
    Okay, I would modify what you say about closing a little. It is not closing that releases your exempt assets. It's the Trustee Abandoning your Exempt assets. The Trustee will usually file a Motion to Abandon Property sometime during this. If I were your attorney, I'd pressure the Trustee to abandon the exempt assets after discharge, and not wait for the closing.

Again, the Trustee can abandon property of the estate at any time. Now, I'm not a lawyer, but after discharge, I would be inclined to encourage the Trustee to abandon the exempt property post haste, so that the Debtor can get on with their lives.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

FABULOUS idea justbroke. I will do exactly that ! :-) This makes perfect sense to me. Does sense have any place in the legal system?!!? LOL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X