No announcement yet.

When do creditors start garnishments or bank levy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We stopped paying on our credit cards in October 2008. We told all of the creditors that we were filing Chapter 7 (most of them said "oh, sorry" and just updated their files). We didn't get any wage garnishments and were only served a Warrant in Debt in September 2009 - a month after we had filed our BK papers so it was no big deal.

Comment

Captitol one will sue you after about a year of not paying.

Comment

I am no where near as knowledgeable as many people on here, but I can add a few cents worth to the conversation
        My husband has a CC that has not been paid since early 2005, it is roughly 3K with Household bank. It was up until recently the only card we had defaulted on. While we did receive many threats throughout the past 4 years about suing us, it is not until very very recent that they actually did file something.

About bank accounts, many of our now delinquent had been paid off our main bank account. We have closed that account and opened a new one so that no one has our new account number!!!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
          This is the entire purpose of NEVER, EVER giving out your real SSN when you open a checking account. They use your SSN to find your account. This is why I recommend opening a checking account without it. Only creditors and your employer need a SSN. When opening a checking account, they should not require your SSN.
          Don't see how you can give a fake SS # and it not be seen as fraud, especially since the Patriot Act.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X