Question about status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about status

OK, I just logged in to Pacer for the 1st time to check my status and I have a question about something. My 341 was on July 21. In Pacer it states that the status is "awaiting closing" and the begin date is August 2. Time in status is 42 days. Does this mean that my 60 days starts from July 21 or August 2? I filed Ch. 7 no asset and everything went fine at the 341. I guess I am just a little confused.
    Chapter 7 filed - 6/12/09
    341 Meeting - 7/21/09
    Case Closed - 10/13/09

Interesting it states "awaiting closing" already. The 60 days starts from your 341 which is 7/21 in your case.

Getting close to discharge.. Bet you can't wait!!
    Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

So can I assume "awaiting closing" and "awaiting discharge" are one in the same?
      Chapter 7 filed - 6/12/09
      341 Meeting - 7/21/09
      Case Closed - 10/13/09

Comment

Originally posted by startingovr View Post
        So can I assume "awaiting closing" and "awaiting discharge" are one in the same?
        These are absolutely, unequivocally, two different things. The discharge occurs a minimum of 61 days after your 341 Meeting. This is the period of time which creditors can object to your discharge. If no one objects (creditors or U.S. Trustee) then you get the discharge.

The closing can take longer, depending on whether you are an asset case or not. HHM has a most excellent sticky in the Forum on discharge versus close that can give you much more detail than I will post here.

Now, your case could automatically close as soon as it's discharged, but this varies by District and you would need to be a no-asset case (amongst other things). (Some of those other things include, but are not limited to, having filed your post-petition Debtor education certificate.)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X