341- I had copies of just about everything...and then this happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341- I had copies of just about everything...and then this happened

My 341 was Monday this week and I have just now recovered enough to post about it today.
    I, like many of you, was anxious to get my 341 over with and was actually happily anticipating the actual day. Then the weekend hit and I had enough time to officially start freaking out about it. I went over every detail of my petition, thought out my answers to every possible question asked so that if I was asked about something I would have a clear and concise answer for the tt.

I spent 2 hours at Office Max making copies of everything I could possibly need. I spent grocery money for the stinking copies for crying out loud. I arranged them so that I could find what ever was asked for at a moments notice. I made sure I had my ID and SS card. I laid everything out the night before so that I wouldn't forget anything. My entire Sunday was practically consumed by getting ready for my 341.

Sunday night I tried sleeping, but had a hard time. I finally fell asleep and next thing I knew it was time to wake up. We left 1 1/2 hours before to go 45 minutes away. I wanted to get there early and watch a couple of cases. We got on the interstate and drove about 15 minutes and then BAM ! a big ole stinking traffic jam. There is never a traffic jam at this place on the highway. Never.

It delayed us about 30 minutes. No problem, we got there about 10 minutes before our time. Then there was the valet parking. Yes, valet parking and we had to wait for someone to take the car. 10 minutes later we were finally in the building. On time, barely.

Then we waited. And waited. 40 minutes after our time we were called. The tt was late beginning the day. I was prepared. I had all of my stuff. My ID. My SS card. My copies. All of my copies. My grocery money copies.

We were sworn in, asked the same questions everyone is asked. Name, address, did we review the flyer handed out in the waiting room, did we review our petition before it was signed.

Then came the personal questions. What made us file for bankruptcy? answer: reduced income. Then he spoke to his clerk, gave us our tax returns back that our attorney had provided him with and then, he said. "Thank you, have a nice day, good luck" My attorney started getting up and I just looked at him. He smiled and so I got up and followed him out the door.

That was it. Over. Done. And I wasn't asked for anything. No bank statements, no nothing. No copies of anything. None. Done.

Oh my, I can't even tell you how I felt at that moment. My attorney took me outside and I asked "thats it" he said yes and that I should look for my discharge in 60 days. He said he saw the tt write no asset in his notes and that should be it. No copies, no questions to answer. Nothing.

I am still in disbelief and relieved. I can breathe now.

I am officially in the 60 day club.

Whoo- hoo...Yipeee!!!

Southern District of Florida
    Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
    Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
    DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Congrats! I was just same as you....anxious for the 341 then nervous as it approached. Took anything and everything I could possibly think of. Never needed anything. That's the best way to not need something....have it on hand, lol. I'm glad it went well for you. One more step in the right direction.
    filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
    341 meeting 6/4/09
    DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

Congrats. I bet its a good relief. I too am over preparing. But not going to worry about it. I figure, why? The worse case it gets tossed. I doubt it... wife's no longer working. Since we've defaulted, the balances have jumped from $190k to $217k, and just to make our accounts current for the month of Sept is an unrealistic $48k!!! Yeah- not happening. I've made as many copies of statements possible going back Oct '07. Like you- better prepared and have 'overkill', and not need it. I'm not sure, but I think the TT can request docs later on after the 341 meeting, during the 60 day period. I'm sure someone else here will confirm.. We're in the Central Florida district, way under water on the mtg, but not defaulted. Havent defaulted on the 2 vehicles either. Chase told me yesterday I should sell my plasma to pay them off. HAHAHAHAHA. No.
      Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

LOL!!! Yes, I was overly prepared for my 341 too! I had receipts for everything for categorized for the whole year, copies of EVERYTHING (spend lots of $$ on ink for my printer) and at the 341 was asked the "normal" questions, then dismissed!!!

Welcome to the 60 day club!!! Yippie!!!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

It's almost a non-event isn't it?
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

To the OP, wow I know what you mean. For the past several weeks, I have been obsessed with my petition and asked bunches of questions to my attorney and his assistants. I had all of my stuff in a binder thick enough to fit in a mini carry on luggage and carried to my 341 meeting. The TT looked at my binder and let out a little whoosh/sigh and asked the standard questions, that is it. My lawyer said that is it and the TT thanked us.
            My feeling as I walked out of the hearing room was something like "wow that was it?"

By the way from the hearing room, there were quite a number of people there I would say about 30 waiting to be called on. The case was ongoing when I walked in and it was more like 30 minutes before that particular case was done. Complicated case-a couple having houses, assets, etc going over a CH 13 plan.
            Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
            Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Congratulations and welcome to the 60 Day Club!! Yep, that was me too, copies of all of these documents, etc.
              Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
              341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
              Discharged: 11/30/2009
              Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Congrats on a successful 341!

Most people sail through their 341. All people should be as prepared as you were though because you never know if you are going to get a trustee who is having a bad hair day like mine. I was over prepared and that is why my 341 wasn't continued.

I bet you were nervous sitting in that traffic jam!

Anyway, its over, congrats!
                You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Congrats!!!!

I have my binder ready to go for a week from tomorrow. I forwarded everything directly to the trustee, so hopefully he will go oh yeah this guy e-mailed me everything so I know he isn't hiding anything.
                  New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

You have me nervous figuring this was leading to a nightmare 341!! LOL

Congrats on a successful 341 and welcome to the club! Here's hoping time flies while you wait (well not to fast, life goes fast enough as it is). Good luck!
                    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Mrs. C. and I, are probably the luckiest of you all. We were so ill informed, and mis-informed, and un-educated to the process that we never worried. We had a verbal phone conversation with the Trustee secretary, told to go to some sort of meeting and take this and that, and, we did what we were told. We had no idea of the importance nor did we bring anything other than our ID, SS, and marriage certificate (we use different names, it's legal and we R married). So, until this forum and learning, we had no need for xanex.

If I had it to do over again, I sure would hire a lawyer who would educate, but in our case, I guess it was a blessing. 'Hub
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congratz and welcome to the 60 days.
                        Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club!!!

I was over-prepared too. I think when we were called up and I slapped a huge pile of files on the table that was a 'hint', but who knows. The TT asked for copies of my child support paperwork which I had out even before my lawyer did!
                          Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                          341 Meeting 09/09/09
                          Discharged 11/12/09
                          Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I think if there is anything unusual or complex about your case, being over prepared is a good thing (former high income, debts over 100,000, self employed, significant changes since the filing, etc.). In most cases though (well, except Backtoschools, you are legend here now I think!) your attorney is going to let you know if they think there is a reasonable chance you will need anything out of the ordinary documentation. Even the "mill" attorneys do many, many cases each year and know the trustees pretty well.

Congrats on you successful 341!
                            Filed: 9/9/2009
                            341: 10/13, went well!
                            Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

To the OP,

I meant to add congratulations and welcome to the 60 days club! I apologize for not adding that to my earlier post.
                              Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                              Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X