• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean on pacer?

What does No close mean?

Pending status: Awaiting Discharge ,
    Flags: FeesWAIVED, MEANSNO, NOCLOSE, NoAutoDisch

Here's some help. It may be standard practice for your Court to set cases to not automatically discharge and close.

• Awaiting Discharge: waiting for the discharge. Almost all cases are in this status. This doesn't change until the case is Discharged. Then, it usually goes to "Awaiting Close". If there is an "auto discharge and close", the case will usually just say "Closed" upon discharge.
    • FeesWAIVED: means that you filed to have your filing fees waived, and the Court approved it.
    • MEANSNO: you DO NOT have the means to fund a Chapter 13. If you filed Chapter 7, this is a good flag to have!
    • NOCLOSE: do not close this case. This prevents the case from being closed. Since the NoAutoDischarge flags is there too, usually means "no autodischarge and close".
    • NoAutoDisch: do not autodischarge this case. This flag is normally used when the Clerk doesn't want the case to discharge automatically. Some Courts use an automatic discharge system where it waits for the bar date (deadline) to file objections to discharge or for the Trustee to file a dismissal. In this case, the case has been flagged to not do this automatically
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread - but where exactly on Pacer do you see these status codes?
      Moving ahead with my fresh start!
      Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
      TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
      Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Comment

I have a question about our status in PACER...and I apologize for hijacking your thread.

We went to our 341 hearing on August 19th but PACER still has the meeting listed as "Pending". I called my Attorney's office and the paralegal told me that they hadn't heard anything from the Trustee so everything is fine but I can't help but be worried. Why would it be listed as pending when it's been more than a month since we attended the hearing???

Comment

Don't put too much faith on the flags in PACER. Mine still reads "Awaiting Confirmation". I was confirmed on 12/16/2008. The flags are just that... case management flags. The thing you want is your discharge, and that should come somewhere after 60 days after your 341 Meeting.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

mine says

SS,Mdismiss....does anyone know what it means?

Comment

Originally posted by italiana66 View Post
              SS,Mdismiss....does anyone know what it means?
              SS if your Judge's designation (in Santa Fe). MDISMISS and a Motion to Dismiss is pending. That MDISMISS is not a good thing. You should be speaking with your attorney about that motion to dismiss.

(By the way, the Blog is not the best way to ask questions. It's used just to post a story or some sort of monologue, and then have people respond to it. You should create a NEW thread with your question.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X