Where to get a Copy of HUD-1/Settlement Statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get a Copy of HUD-1/Settlement Statement

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of my HUD-1/Settlement Statement? It's one of the items that my lawyer wants for the purchase of my home, but I can't seem to find it. Could I get that at the courthouse? Or would I go to the lender that I got the loan from?

Your mortgage lender would have it and also the attorney who handled your settlement should have it. Settlement sheets are not filed documents at the Recorder of Deeds like Deeds, Mortgages, etc.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

If the title agency or attorney that handled the closing doesn't have a copy, check with your real estate agency. The brokers are required to retain all the transaction documents for X number of years. They may or may not have it handy depending on how long ago you purchased the property.

Comment

Checking your county clerk/record recorder is probably the easiest way to go first.
        Last edited by 2Bshinyandnew; 09-22-2009, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Basically, this is one of the things that a safe deposit box, IMO, is good for - it will make things much easier for me when I file. My time estimate is around October 6 or 7.

The safe deposit box contains papers relating to the home purchase, the title for my car, and my social security card.
          C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
          Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

the real estate attorney who handled your home purchase would have it if you can not find your copy. I found it was one of those items that kind of got buried in ALL the paperwork.
            Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
            Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
            341 Meeting 01/05/2009
            Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

What state are you in? In a state with title/escrow companies, the escrow officer will have a copy in your closed file which they will certify for you. Otherwise, the lawyer who handled the escrow settlement is the place to go. HUD 1 Statements are not a matter of public record, they are not recorded with the county.

Comment

got it from the escrow attorney

Thanks everyone for your responses! I called the attorney who handled my escrow and they emailed me a copy.

Thanks again!

By the way, I'm in Washington state.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X