What if no SS card at 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if no SS card at 341?

We moved, things are everywhere and who knows where my husbands ss card is. The meeting is tomorrow. We have his license, original birth certificate, bank account with social listed, his business name with it ect.. perhaps I should have looked into this more but I partly blame our lawyer for never mentioning its importance. Actually, I have no idea if my lawyer will even be there because after the money was paid, he seemed to forget how to use the phone. On the up side, I have everything from receipts and statements to tax returns and our schedules (and my SS card). I hope this doesn't cause a problem.

Hate to say this, but hope real hard. You may get by but if you had more time you would go to the SS office and get a temp or a copy. This is an item very important to them. Probably you will get a continued 341 off a month or so. I understand your lawyer problem, a very common complaint. Let us know how it goes. Parhaps his job took a photocopy of it? Luck to you. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

If there is a continuation, does the 60 days start from the first 341 meeting or the 2nd date? I can NOT handle the stress much more

Comment

There is a good chance that your 341 will be continued until you have official proof from the SS administration of identity. (either your SS card or a official, stamped printout from the SS administration).
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I don't know what State or District you are in, but in the Southern District of California, I was told we could bring in a W-2 or 1099 in lieu of the SS card. I don't know if this will work for you, but if you are going in without your the SS card, I would at least bring these items in and see if they accept them.

Good luck to you tomorrow. I hope everything works out.
          Filed Non-Consumer Chapter 7: 07/31/2009
          341 Hearing: 09/03/2009
          Last Day for Creditor's Objections: 11/02/2009
          Discharged! 11/03/2009 CLOSED! 01/05/2010

Comment

In a southern state here and they did not even ask for our driver's license at our 341 meeting, much less our ss cards.

I had misplaced my license and had to call the day before and ask the trustee if I could bring a copy of it instead. (The copy I made when I was getting everything ready.) He said, "That will do just fine" but never asked for either.
            8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
            8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
            9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
            11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

We had to show both DL and SS cards for both of us, 'Hub and myself. We also had to produce a copy of our Marriage License, as we use different surnames. This may be because we were married in South Carolina and there was no copy recorded in Florida, but I don't know for sure.

Our trustee was also rather strict with a lady before us that had her DL and SS in her married name, had divorced and resumed using the maiden name, but had not changed the ID. Her case was continued.

Having said that, I have read elsewhere on this forum that some districts and trustees will allow a W2 forum or other Income Tax form to be used in lieu of.

Good luck!
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Washington State. Shown drivers license and W-2.

Tanya
                Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
                Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
                On The Road To Rebuilding
                5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

My husband couldn't find his SS either, our lawyer filed a request with the court to have his tax return used instead.

Comment

the 60 days are from the 1st meeting, so continuing your 341 will not affect the 60 days. also, it's possible they will continue your 341 but then cancel it (so you won't have to show again) if you bring the ss card over to the trustee at some point before the rescheduled date. and you can get the ss card usually within a couple of weeks.
                    filed ch7 May 09
                    341 june 09
                    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X