Help?

Anybody know what this could be for?

I was discharged and closed on 9/16.

Today the court vacated the closing.

What would cause this?
    Filed 6/23/09
    341 7/16/09 (seemed to go well)
    60 days 9/14/09

You need to look at the Order to Vacate closely and see who asked for it! If the Trustee asked for it, then you need to read in more detail as to why the close was vacated. It could be that the Trustee is waiting on some asset from you.

I would be more concerned if the Discharge was vacated. However, you do need to determine exactly why the close was vacated.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have never seen it called "vacating the closing". Usually it's called reopening.

It could be any one of a thousand reasons. Was there a motion filed to reopen?
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

It says the closing was inadvertantly issued.

I did notice on my documents that the last day to file a claim is not until Oct 14th.

I'm assuming this is the reason.

I'm not sure though.

This order to vacate was issued by the same judge that closed it.

Here is the exact wording.

ORDER VACATING CLOSING ORDER
        On September 16, 2009, an Order to Show Cause (document # 40 ) was inadvertently
        entered on the docket of this case. Therefore,
        IT IS ORDERED that the Order Closing Case is VACATED.
        Filed 6/23/09
        60 days 9/14/09

Comment

Yep, reads like administrative error. Case shouldn't have "auto-closed".
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

so no worries?
            Filed 6/23/09
            60 days 9/14/09

Comment

Probably not anything to worry about, they should not have closed it before the deadline to file objections.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X