No announcement yet.

Using credit cards before 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come back and let us know how it worked out. I'm not saying that you should mess with your attorney or anything. It just seems very odd, peculiar, out of the ordinary.

May you have an eventless discharge!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I will. I don't like were you said you may have an eventless discharge.

I better have an eventless discharge...
      Filed 10/8/09
      341 11/2/09
      Last Day For Objections 1/4/10
      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Just to chime in my attorney here in Georgia also took half payment before filing and half payment at the 341 hearing. I found it odd as well but all went well in the end.
        3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
        4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
        4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
        6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Originally posted by BBW View Post
          I said $0 balance cards after filing. I mean they aren't included in the bk, if I made a charge it would be paid off.
          Are you sure it is still open? Every major creditor is notified of BK's even if not included, they subscribe to a BK notification system. I would imagine if you are talking about a visa or mastercard they have shut your card down.
          7-2-2009 Filed
          8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
          10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BBW View Post
            I said $0 balance cards after filing. I mean they aren't included in the bk, if I made a charge it would be paid off.
            I believe you are, required by law, to report ALL outstanding accounts and OPEN accounts.

I have no idea what would occur, but I suspect the creditor could, at least, reopen your case and assure that this new debt was not discharged.

I recollect that one of the standard 341 meeting questions is something like: "Have you incurred new debts since filing."

Your call on how to answer in this situation, but I personally wouldn't want to be in that chair.

Good luck!
            11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
            12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

It is not necessary to list accounts that are open with a zero balance.... but 99.99% of the time the card will be closed long before you are discharged. Some random cards from certain people have been left open which is like less than 1% of normal...
              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by whipster1 View Post
                Are you sure it is still open? Every major creditor is notified of BK's even if not included, they subscribe to a BK notification system. I would imagine if you are talking about a visa or mastercard they have shut your card down.
                Yes, I only filed a few days ago so maybe after a by next month or quarterly review they could shut it down.
                Filed 10/8/09
                341 11/2/09
                Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
                  I believe you are, required by law, to report ALL outstanding accounts and OPEN accounts.

I have no idea what would occur, but I suspect the creditor could, at least, reopen your case and assure that this new debt was not discharged.

I recollect that one of the standard 341 meeting questions is something like: "Have you incurred new debts since filing."

Your call on how to answer in this situation, but I personally wouldn't want to be in that chair.

Good luck!
                  According to my attorney you only have to list accounts with balances.

But after I started this thread I just borrowed a card from my sister just in case I have an emergency and don't have the cash. It will be another month or two before I can start saving a little month.
                  Filed 10/8/09
                  341 11/2/09
                  Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

It all depends who issued the CC. In my case, it was a Visa with $5k limit through the CU where I bank and it survived bk. I used it last week to pay my dental bill but paid it down to under $100 a few days later, just to keep it active. All the others with $0 bal were closed immediately, including Sears, JC Penny, Macy's, etc.
                    Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

I would imagine the $1,001 was PRE-petition earnings for the attorney and the $749 is POST-petition earnings (i.e. the 341 meeting etc.). Just a guess.
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X