Is this a problem with my trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a problem with my trustee

I was in the court building today so decided to check PACER. In the system it gave more info about my trustee than just the name that I already had. It seems that she works at a law firm that is one of the creditors that I listed.

Is that going to be a problem?
    Can she be harder on me to try to not get her firm's fees discharged?
    If it seems that way, is there anything I can do about it?

While it would be funny, and I don't really suggest it... use Rule 2004 for Examine the Trustee and see if the Trustee should recuse themselves. Then a Motion to Recuse.

That may be drastic though. In some States, Trustees are also practicing Bankruptcy attorneys working for both debtors and creditors alike.

DId you file pro se?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Were you once a client of that firm? How did you come to owe that firm money?
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Sounds like a conflict. You need to let your attorney know just in case.
        7-2-2009 Filed
        8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
        10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

I did file pro se.

I was ordered to pay the attorney fees in a court case I lost.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X