Claims register on pacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claims register on pacer

when you go into the claims register on pacer and there is a creditor listed what does this mean? Are they objecting or are they going to show at the 341?
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

When you're in a Chapter 7, claims are usually filed only if there is going to be some assets liquidated by the Trustee. Thus, if you're in an asset case, you'll see claims. However, there are some creditors that file claims in no-asset cases, just in case.

The fact that there is a claim on PACER just indicates that the particular creditor wants to be included in any disbursement of liquidated assets, should that occur. Nothing more.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

What happens if it is an asset case, notice was sent to creditors, but only creditors with claims of $17,000 file and nobody else? Does this mean if there is a payout, the ones that did not file a claim will be ignored during the payment? If so, will the excess be paid to me after it is all said and done?

BooBoo

Comment

I was an asset case and all creditors were sent a notice telling them to file claims. It is my understanding that if they did not file a claim (unless the debt was non-dischargeable) they would not receive any money from the liquidation. It doesn't mean that since they filed a claim, they would automatically receive anything either, it's strictly up to the trustee. I had several claims filed and only one was paid out from the liquidation and nothing was paid to the other filers. They got nothing and I owe nothing when the case was closed but like I said that's completely up to the TT.

Unless there is enough of a liquidation to pay all claims at 100%, I wouldn't expect to receive anything back from the liquidation.

JMO anyway.
        Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
        341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
        Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

My liquidation will be in the $40K range, but like I said only creditors (Citi Bank) were the only ones to file a claim and their claim total is $17,000.. My filing included $132,000 in unsecured debt.

BooBoo

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X