No announcement yet.

Loan Modification after Chapter 7 Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just discharged today YEAH!! and my HAMP modification offer just showed up from Wells Fargo. I'll check my package and let you know. If there is any wording on reaffirmation or "new terms" I'm not signing it and will walk from the house.

I'll let you know

Comment

Yes, please let us know, and congratulations.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Someone over at loansafe posted a successful modifications in Socal while in BK7, basically, the lawyer have to write BofA that they can contact them while on automatic stay so they were on negotiations with NACA. He was given 2% for the life of the loan and yes, he was far behind in his mortgage.
        File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
        Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
        Discharged: Apr 22 2010
        Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

That sounds more like a "schill" posting over at loan safe.

Comment

HAMP paper work I received yesterday doesn't mention Reaffirmation anywhere. It does show that if you have received a Chapter 7 Discharge you will not be liable for this debt. They just want to make sure they are the first lien holder in case they need to foreclose. Also sya foreclosure action will be stopped while making trial payments. Payments weren't as low as I was hoping for and I am still very sceptical of the whole approved modification process after the trial payments are made. So going back out to check a few rentals today before I commit to this. BTW if your not dealing directly with the presidential office of your mortgage co, you are wasting your time. Amazing how they are on it now that BK is discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X