Interesting 341 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting 341 Today

The first case was heard via teleconference as the husband is currently bedridden. As the trustee went through the various schedules asking questions it was quite evident the attorney for the couple was an idjit.

Trustee: How did you arrive at the value of your vehicle?

Petitioner: Well.. that's the value the state taxes me on.

Trustee was not happy with the answer and told their attorney to get the Kelly Blue Book value of the vehicle.

Trustee: Mr X what is your monthly income from your self employment.

Petitioner: Oh.. whatever I need to pay house bills.

Trustee: Mr. Counsel, I am continuing this case to Dec xth. Get the petition in order by then!

Next case was pretty cut and dried.

Then came my turn. Well.. I got the usual questions.. and then one which threw me for a loop. The trustee was going through my assets line by line... didn't stop at the value of the car since we noted it was Kelly BB.. but when it came to my cat....the trustee asked.... "Is this one of those designer cats?

I couldn't help it.. I burst out laughing.....my attorney being a dog person had no idea what the trustee was talking about! I told him.. no she was a feral rescue from the beach.. and although she thinks she is the Queen of Sheba, she is merely an alley cat with an attitude! He said he asked as he's been seeing quite a few "designer" cats.... Bengals.. and the like...which are quite expensve...in the couple of thousands but alley cats with an attitude.. yup.. $50.

Income was fine......thank you and good luck to you!

Wheeeeeee.. done............now I'm a member of the 60 days Club

LOL!!!!

And what would they do if it WAS a designer cat?

Auction it?

I can only imagine.

Trustee feeding a special diet, paying vet bills, getting toenails trimmed . . .

hehe
    11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
    12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
    3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Designer cats... outstanding!

Congratulations on being in the sixty day club.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
        Trustee feeding a special diet, paying vet bills, getting toenails trimmed . . .
        Don't laugh. Trustees have been known to take a herd of cattle... and feed them, provide vet services, etc! It's all about the Benjamins!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats! That is so funny! Our trustee did something similar except he was asking about my husbands 15 year old golf clubs that we bought at Target. He was asking if they were bought in a set or separately what brand they were etc. Trustee knew his golf clubs The whole room was laughing (including the Trustee) as my husband said no they are the cheap ones, the set came with the bag.

Its nice that they can have a little sense of humor during such a stressful time. We only have 19 more days and we are done with the 60 days. Hoping all goes smoothly.

Good luck on the next 60 days

Comment

Very amusing! Had my trustee inquired about my pets, he would have discovered I have negative equity (exclusively from a monetary perspective...unconditional love and unconditional hunger are distinct! ).

Congrats on a successful 341!
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

LOL! That's very funny!

Congrats on getting through your meeting!
              4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
              5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
              7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
              7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X