Post-Filing Fear Surfaced �Purge and Process Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-Filing Fear Surfaced �Purge and Process Post

The decision to file didn't come with ease. Unlike many, I had options. I didn't have to file, yet I determined this was the path of least resistance due to a deliberate foreclosure in a deficiency judgment State. My thinking coupled with the fact that I was truly a C7 candidate eased the decision-making process.

I spent a significant amount of time learning the consequences of filing. I quickly understood I'd trade my potential house deficiency and "baby" CC debt load for relief. Credit scores can be rebuilt. My house should too...although, I can't afford it. While my job requires a special license, my BK won't disrupt it. Hakuna matata to the aforementioned.

My lingering concern has been taking care of my dogs. (Note: I'm not one of those crazed people obsessed with my dogs). They are my responsibility and serve a wonderful purpose in my life. Last night, one of my dogs came in from outside limping. I did my best to suppress worst-case scenario thoughts and monitored him throughout the night. He didn't appear to be in pain; although, he refused to place any weight on his leg. A new sun rises and his leg remains raised. We embark upon day two of gimp status. (Yes, emBARK is intentional).

I just returned from the vet with new information. My dog requires surgery to repair his leg. The cost is approximately $2500. I maintained my composure while discussing my dog's problem with the vet (my BK status plug was bereft of positive effect). I tend to be a logical chica; although, I had a complete breakdown after leaving the vet.

One residual fear despite confident BK strides...I feel like the Universe making a mockery of me!

I'm surrendering my fears and my mini nest egg. Surgery will occur within the next two weeks.
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

We as animal lovers understand. A pet has a purpose. God gave that purpose. They too are family members. What caused the malady do you know? If you did not do the right thing, you would be haunted by the fact. so bite the bullet and of course if you did file, make payment to the vet. You must. You may need him again.

I am not up on languages, so what is the language of your meanings? I have a Hawaiian god-daughter and even she does not know a lot of Hawaiian. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

There are always ways of coming up with needed money HakunaMatata. You'd be surprised at what you could have sold on ebay if you had to come up with the money that way.

Bankruptcy will actually free you to rebuild your life such that you will always have what you need and want.

I am sending positive vibes to your dog for a quick recovery.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are part of the family and I hope all goes well with the surgery. It is wonderful that you can provide his needed care at a time when under such stress. When it is all said and done, I hope he/she brings you many years of happy companionship.
        8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
        11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this!

Good luck on your surgery.

We have a $3,000.00 cat, healthy and happy from her treatment a few years back. She nearly died, and we were very fortunate.

I can empathize, and wish you and your loved one the best. They truly are family, and we value their company and contribution as much as you do.
          11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
          12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
          3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Hakuna Matata, sorry to hear all this. It does seem as though everytime you get above water, something is trying to pull you back under.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

HakunaMatata,

I just read your post and hope your dog has a speedy recovery. Pets are wonderful creatures and if anything unexpected happens to a pet after post BK such as requiring medical attention, that would be hard to keep composure in front of the vet because of rebuilding finances, etc and the love for your pet(s). I don't know what I would do if something happens to one of my kitties and the vet telling me the kitty will need surgery. Again wishing the best for your dog and your new start post BK

(I am sending this post through the browser on my cell phone hoping it goes through!)
              Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
              Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

HakunaMatata, I have mini dachsunds, and they are my little girls. My kids are grown, married with their own children. My doxies make a bad day turn out to be a good one when they dive on my lap to cuddle up to me at night on the couch. Only pet lovers would understand this.

I hope to hear a good report about your dog (name??) after surgery!!
                (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Thanks everyone! I really needed to purge my emotions and process logically. I knew this would be the best venue for such considering the circumstances! You're all so wonderful!

This whole BK process has been enlightening. I discovered self-neglect derived from the notions of being "responsible", "dutiful", and "independent". During the early stages of BK, I was frustrated I lost the fight and had nothing to show for it. No luxury purchases, no fancy trips, no medical visits, not even a freaking new vacuum (which is a pivotal tool in a shedding pet household!). Here my insolvent self sits surrounded by a collapsing sewer line, a structurally unsound main beam, and a broken dryer with a hot water heater and roof on their last legs...and I only care about my poor dog's leg!

I may have to adopt one of my dog's behaviors (begging) in order to provide for him. The ego has been surrendered...and the Saab may be as well. Did I neglect to mention my turn signal handle fell off while I was driving today? Handle hits floor, my baffled eyes derail from road, curb and tire unit, blow out occurs, AAA guy becomes savior, and the CU may have a new car! BK has taught me to refrain from investing in losing investments. Thankfully, I have a furry investment who offers an incredible return!

Despite the set of odd post-filing circumstances I'm experiencing, I refuse to assume a Nancy Kerrigan-esque "why me" attitude. I may not be a skater; although, I'm a fighter and I realize fighters get knocked down. I just wish the world would stop knocking me down below the surface. Gosh, I hope my shovel is an exempt asset!

Thanks again!
                  *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                    There are always ways of coming up with needed money HakunaMatata. You'd be surprised at what you could have sold on ebay if you had to come up with the money that way.

Bankruptcy will actually free you to rebuild your life such that you will always have what you need and want. :)

I am sending positive vibes to your dog for a quick recovery.
                    100% agree! Even if it's the past.
                    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I will say a prayer for you tonight.....................God Bless.
                      (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                      :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your best friend I hurt for you.
                        ==================================
                        Filed: 4-30-2010
                        341 Complete: 6-16-2010
                        Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

It's Thanksgiving Day and I have updates. Most importantly, I'm gobbling (and purging) gratitude!

My dog had surgery last week. Costs exceeded the original estimate as I selected the best possible procedure (to any Michigan pet owners -MSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital is the BOMB!). My family and friends rallied for me. I accepted a short-term familial loan which will be paid off tomorrow. My dog is currently a costly cone head; and, he's rapidly recovering!

The car issue was easily resolved despite the perplexing frustration with the repair not being covered by the warranty (turn signal handles are deemed "wearable" -baffling!). I also found it baffling that repair costs were less than a standard oil change!

This post isn't about crisis and cost. The "broke" theme (dog's knee, house, car, and me) has lifted. It's about value -adding value to our lives and the lives of others. We can't define ourselves as broke when we're rich in faith, spirit, family, and friends.

You have served as proverbial umbrellas who have helped me weather a series of interesting storms. Your contributions are invaluable. I am thankful for your support and encouragement.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

HakunaMatata this is SUPER news! I'm so glad to hear things worked out.

You are right we all have so many things to be thankful for.
                            ==================================
                            Filed: 4-30-2010
                            341 Complete: 6-16-2010
                            Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Loved your post -- and your way of expressing gratitude. As always, your writing talents continue to blow me away. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X