PACER Download question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER Download question

I am trying to download a Pacer docket file on a Mac and it shows up as "show_temp.pl" on my computer.

Does anyone know how to read the text file then?

Thank you

I am not a Mac person, but an expert on PC. (40 yrs mainframe and PC). First, you have to have Acrobat Reader installed on your Mac. If you do not, that is your problem. After you read the file open in Acrobat Reader, then you may save it to your drive. I suggest renaming it by number and your own description. That is all I can do for you. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks, in the meantime, I was able to figure it out.

The trick is to not "save" the file, but rather click "Open with" within Pacer, then select Adobe Reader.

It seems if you save it on a Mac, you then cannot easily open it with Adobe

Go figure

Thanks for the response in the meanwhile though

Comment

Yes, just "Save As" and change the document type. They use a "perl" script to download the document, so your Safari browser is adding ".PL" to the end, and not knowing what type of document it really is.

Glad you figured it out!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Also, Safari will generally display a PDF file in the window, or if you don't have Acrobat Reader installed, it will call up Preview to view the file.
          C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
          Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X