top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help found Errors on my Schedule J and my 341 meeting is next week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I know that the general advice is to trust your attorney, but I trusted mine and now find my self with the UST trying to push me to a 13. Be careful with your schedules.
    Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
    UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
    Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Llelxon View Post
      Well I know that the general advice is to trust your attorney, but I trusted mine and now find my self with the UST trying to push me to a 13. Be careful with your schedules.
      Also remember, that your attorney doesn't control the situation. The United State's Trustee does. If you're borderline and/or over-the-median... expect an inquisition. Don't blame your attorney for that. Unfortunately, mistakes are made in filings every single day.

It is the UST's job to push as many to a Chapter 13 as possible.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well I am having a hard time trusting my attorney now. He is submitting the requested information to the UST as requested and wants to see what happens. I feel we can and should amend. Any thoughts/advice on the proper time to amend?

I do not feel anything we amend would be fraud. We had a couple questionable items that we left off because attorney thought it would be fine. I don't want to give the UST more reason to scrutinize because we wait to amend after they make a motion to dismiss.

Comment

Well I am having a hard time trusting my attorney now. He is submitting the requested information to the UST as requested and wants to see what happens. I feel we can and should amend. Any thoughts/advice on the proper time to amend?
          At this point, the Attorney works with the UST to provide any requested information. If the UST still doesn't like the responses, your Attorney can proceed from there. That's just the process.

I do not feel anything we amend would be fraud. We had a couple questionable items that we left off because attorney thought it would be fine. I don't want to give the UST more reason to scrutinize because we wait to amend after they make a motion to dismiss.
          Amending is not fraud. Now that the UST is involved, don't even worry about whether they'll scrutinized, because they're already doing so. Schedules are amended all the time. Some USTs even tell the Attorney to amend the schedules to reflect what they "discussed".

At this point, just follow the process. Hopefully your attorney and UST can get this all sorted.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you Justbroke.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X