Pacer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer Question

Thanks in advance for any responses. I'll check back in tomorrow.

I realize that BK info is public record and is available to any person who wants to snoop into my life. However, I do my best to keep on top of keeping my name out of the google search engine.

When one accesses Pacer, does your own accessing Pacer end up putting your name into the Google search engine or ultimately into its cache?

Again, thanks!

(I had my 341 today and do not feel it went well. More on that later.)

It will probably be online because the newspaper often publishes a bankruptcy list. I know ours was in the local newspaper and showed up on a google search the day the paper came out because it was in the online version of the paper as well.
    Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
    UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
    Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Comment

I think the simple act of logging into PACER or doing a search does not log something in Google. I have never been able to find any BK info about me by doing a Google search. In big cities, they don't list them in the paper.

Comment

No. Simply using PACER will not cause you to now be in the search engines of Yahoo!, Google, Bing and the like. However, if your Judge publishes an opinion with respect to your case... you'll be famous.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I USED freecourtdockets.com to access my court documents and the very next day it showed up on google search of my name.

So be careful when using any free service. from what i have researched using even pacer will probably put you on google .

i would recommend not to use free sites...if u r worried abt ur bk info being made public

Comment

I want to echo what "guest" wrote. This is exactly why I didn't like the Free Dockets one to start with.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Llelxon View Post
              It will probably be online because the newspaper often publishes a bankruptcy list. I know ours was in the local newspaper and showed up on a google search the day the paper came out because it was in the online version of the paper as well.
              Yikes! That sucks.
              Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
              Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
              Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
              Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

I did experience the same thing on freecourtdockets.com

This site sucks big time

Comment

I have been using freecourtdocket.com for over a month and my name doesn't come up for a BK or anything else for that matter. It does help I'm sure that some "other" famous individual shares my name and takes center stage!
                  November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Originally posted by SPalin View Post
                    I have been using freecourtdocket.com for over a month and my name doesn't come up for a BK or anything else for that matter. It does help I'm sure that some "other" famous individual shares my name and takes center stage!
                    Whatever... Sarah.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X