top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you hand deliver your documents to the clerk, do you receive your case number then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you hand deliver your documents to the clerk, do you receive your case number then

I'm filing pro se and finishing up my papers this weekend. I just got final notice from my electric company on either paying the past due amount in full or getting our electricity cut off.

I know they cannot shut off my service for 20 days after I file but I'm wondering, I'm sure they won't just take my word for it that I filed, when I drop my documents off with the clerk if they will give me a case number? I'm wondering how I would prove I filed.

Erin
    Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
    341- 2/17/2010
    DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Yes. If you file and have all the necessary paperwork, then you will get your case number right away. I also got a copy of my notice of filing.

Comment

As stated, you will receive a "receipt" and/or the notice of bankruptcy containing your case number. Make sure you bring exact change or a money order for the exact filing fee. The clerks (usually) don't make change.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X