Discharged but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged but...

The discharge ends your personal responsibility for the mortgage, assuming you did not reaffirm. However, the bank can still take the collateral.
    C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
    Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

No we didnt reaffirm...So it just means that in March they can take it and sell or what ever it is they do, but NOT that we will still have to pay for it?
      We got all excited about being discharged then saw that and i felt my bubble burst.lol

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherBK View Post
        No we didnt reaffirm...So it just means that in March they can take it and sell or what ever it is they do, but NOT that we will still have to pay for it?
        We got all excited about being discharged then saw that and i felt my bubble burst.lol
        I'm guessing that you haven't been making payments on the mortgage. If not, it just sounds like they want to start the process of taking the house.
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

The only thing that was interesting, is that the Judge dated the RFS forward. I've never seen that before. I guess the Trustee is a nice person and negotiated so you can spend the winter in the home without being disturbed. Pretty cool stuff.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Actually we dont live in it. We had to move after a job loss and so now live 2 hours away from it. I thought that it being dated in March was strange too. They had a phone hearing about it but i didnt have to go to that so i dont know what was said.

Comment

Another early Christmas present!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Even though you still have worries, here you go:

Merry Christmas!
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Here comes Santa Clause...here comes Santa Claus

BK debt roasting on an open fire........
                AnotherBk got his discharge.........
                Merrrrryyy Chrissstmmmmass to you!!
                And, they say that Santa's on his way.....
                Bringing your NEW START in his sleigh......
                (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Thanks everyone. Somedays it felt like this would never be over. Granted its not closed yet but DISCHARGED will do. This forum is the best thing that happened to me, without out it i may have pulled all my hair out or something.

Comment

I want to add my congrats to you! It's such a nice feeling to be discharged. All the worries about "what ifs" are gone. Good for you. Enjoy our fresh start. And you are so right, this forum is awesome. Don't know what my husband and I would have done without it!
                    Filed: 8-19-09
                    341: 9-21-09
                    Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X