top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to rent house if planning on giving up on mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This applies to second mortgages/equity lines as well? Ours is with a credit union.

Comment

Originally posted by Inthestorm View Post
      I've been away from the forum. DH saw two atty's in spring. I did not take off work to go with him, and that was a HUGE mistake. He didn't record the meeting and came back with a massive headache from information overload...and he simply can't remember everything that was said. Lawyer wants $200 per hour to come back and ask questions since he spent so much time with him! (
      Go set up intial consultation appointments with at least two other bk attorneys in your area, and this time both of you need to go and take notes. Bankruptcy is best done as a team effort.

Also even though you intend to use a lawyer to file, both of you will still benefit by getting the Ch 7 NOLO How to File for Chapter 7 book to read. Here's the link - http://www.nolo.com/products/how-to-...uptcy-HFB.html . Best of all, it's on sale until Jan 7, so it's the best $24.79+shipping you'll ever spend! Brick and mortar bookstores (Borders, Barnes and Noble, etc) carry this book as well, but expect to pay full price (usually about $35-40).
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget