341 on 12-12, NOW DISCHARGED???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 on 12-12, NOW DISCHARGED???

Hi, Happy New Year to all. Hey, my sister filed a Pro Se no asset 7, had her 341 DEC 12, 09, she just received her discharge in the mail last week. I filed Pro Se in April 09, took me over 120 days after my 341 to get a discharge, and i had to call to get it. I didnt mind my wait, but I question the validity of her discharge as it has been only 3 weeks since her 341 meeting. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had this experience? We are in the Los Angeles area. Thanks

FYI, her discharge paper was mailed, and it shows on Pacer also

Comment

Not sure. It is probably fine. Maybe her 341 was continued from the original date.

Comment

well, the discharge is a court order. even if entered by mistake, it is valid until somebody objects. that is, if some creditor wants to object within the 60 days, they still can, and an erroneous discharge order would not stop them.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
          well, the discharge is a court order. even if entered by mistake, it is valid until somebody objects. that is, if some creditor wants to object within the 60 days, they still can, and an erroneous discharge order would not stop them.
          I agree. If anyone objects the Court would have to 'set aside' that discharge. It sure looks like a sloppy paper shuttle to me, but as busy and BK Court is becoming, more of these could happen. Best to get a discharge erroneously, than a dismiss. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

When I had my 341 on 12/10, I told my attorney now I'm in the 60 day club for discharge... she informed me that for the Eastern District of California it is usually 2-3 weeks after last day for Objections (my original date was 2/8/2010 and the day after the 341 it was changed to 1/11/2010?). I had a coworker file a Ch 7 in the same court and was discharged after 6 weeks from her 341 meeting.... at least that is what is happening here in Central California? Nether one of us had our 341's continued, so there was only the orginal 341 meeting. strange!
            November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

For what it's worth... a discharge cannot be entered until the last day for objections has passed. By both the law (11 USC) and Federal Rules of Bankrupcy Procedure, the last day for objections is set at 60 days following the first scheduled 341 Meeting of Creditors.

The day that you "actually" receive your discharge is always after the last scheduled day for objections (known as the Dischargeability bar date). If you accidentally receive a discharge prior to that date, a party in interest may file a Motion to Vacate the Order. Sometimes, the Court (Clerk) will Vacate the order sua sponte (on it's own accord) when it sees the error.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

i'm in CA as well- and had received an "order fixing deadline" notifying creditors of a new date; 12/25 as an earlier discharge.
                Mine hasn't happened yet- but i still had to file my last education course.

I'm hoping to see something this week.

SPalin has an earlier deadline as well and said the same thing happened to her co-worker.

Must be something going on in CA?

Originally posted by MrSmithster View Post
                Hi, Happy New Year to all. Hey, my sister filed a Pro Se no asset 7, had her 341 DEC 12, 09, she just received her discharge in the mail last week. I filed Pro Se in April 09, took me over 120 days after my 341 to get a discharge, and i had to call to get it. I didnt mind my wait, but I question the validity of her discharge as it has been only 3 weeks since her 341 meeting. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had this experience? We are in the Los Angeles area. Thanks
                Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
                341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
                Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
                Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

I do believe it must be California thing... oh well, will let everyone know if it does discharge in 45 days after my 341 meeting.
                  November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Strange indeed.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X