Discharged!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!!!!

Order Discharging Debtor and Final Decree Chapter 7; Copy to Trustee, US Trustee. Signed on 1/5/2010 (sap) (Entered: 01/05/2010)

Bankruptcy Case Closed. (sap) (Entered: 01/05/2010)

Now that I'm discharged should I call my credit union about picking up the car or should I keep driving it until they pick it up.
    Filed 10/8/09
    341 11/2/09
    Last Day For Objections 1/4/10
    Discharged 1/5/10

C'mon where's my hamsters?

I really must say I was pretty stressed out when I first started visiting this forum. But after I had the first meeting with my attorney I felt much better. After my 341 I was 99% stress free, in fact I almost forgot I was still in bk. And now 100% free and clear!!!
    Last edited by BBW; 01-05-2010, 07:33 PM.
    Filed 10/8/09
    341 11/2/09
    Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Oh my god. I also got my first credit card offer in the mail today since I filed 3 months ago so I figured ah what the heck let's give it a try. Approved $350 from Credit One Bank. $69 annual fee is worth a positive trade line on my credit report. My day is already over I just wish I knew I was having such a good day, during the day...
      Filed 10/8/09
      341 11/2/09
      Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! BBW is Discharged and embarking on a New HEALING Year, and a New Life!!!

Here you go:

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks
          Filed 10/8/09
          341 11/2/09
          Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Hi BBW. Congrats on the new credit card, but please do yourself a big favor--you will not realize it now--put the card away somewhere that you cannot get at it and learn to live on a 'cash only' basis.

It is a hard discipline I know; I am not totally there either. But I am much happier now than I have been for quite some while.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I know you are right. I have switched to about 75% cash over the past few months. Even during the BK I still had 3 credit cards that remained opened and I used and paid off. This new card is probably going to get cut up as a $350 limit is so low I could quickly go over it and its at 28% interest with little or no grace period so I am looking at this as paying for a positive account on my credit report. I plan to continue to charge a little but only up to what I have in the bank. I do see how it's possible for me to get in trouble again that way when the economy recovers. But I think it will be a long long time before I have multiple cards with 30k limits. I am also looking online right now to get a few secured accounts as well. Then tomorrow begins my battle to disbute my BK on my credit report.
              Filed 10/8/09
              341 11/2/09
              Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Congratulations on your discharge and closing! Great way to start the new year!
                Filed Non-Consumer Chapter 7: 07/31/2009
                341 Hearing: 09/03/2009
                Last Day for Creditor's Objections: 11/02/2009
                Discharged! 11/03/2009 CLOSED! 01/05/2010

Comment

Congrats on your discharge!!!!! WhoooHoooo!!!!!
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Should old BK debts be forgotten......

and never brought to mind!!!! Happy New Start 2010!!!!
                    (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                    :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Good luck to you.. and yes becareful with the card. While I do not believe most end up in BK due to cards, I will say we probably used them when we should have just filed and got it over with. The only positive part of the card use was that we used it to find out hubby had COPD. Without using the card, if we would have filed, we would not be able to afford to take him to a doctor and run all those tests now on just my income. So, credit is a blessing in some cases when your wiped out in savings and laid off. It should not be that way, but it is..

Comment

Congrats! And definitely be very careful with that card!
                        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Thanks
                          Filed 10/8/09
                          341 11/2/09
                          Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

Today another cc company notified me (via letter) that my account has been canceled. They mailed the letter even before the third missed payment (which is due in a few days). They are moving fast, what can I say.

Question: To what do you refer...'dispute the BK'? I thought it was a given that that would stay on one's credit report for 10 years, or whatever length of time is allowed. Are there unusual circumstances in your case or can anyone dispute this? Thanks.

Originally posted by BBW View Post
                            I know you are right. I have switched to about 75% cash over the past few months. Even during the BK I still had 3 credit cards that remained opened and I used and paid off. This new card is probably going to get cut up as a $350 limit is so low I could quickly go over it and its at 28% interest with little or no grace period so I am looking at this as paying for a positive account on my credit report. I plan to continue to charge a little but only up to what I have in the bank. I do see how it's possible for me to get in trouble again that way when the economy recovers. But I think it will be a long long time before I have multiple cards with 30k limits. I am also looking online right now to get a few secured accounts as well. Then tomorrow begins my battle to disbute my BK on my credit report.

Comment

It's very very difficult to get a bk removed from your credit report. Which is why I used the word battle. But it is possible and has happend. It may require a lot of time and money to be removed. I have just scratched the surface in researching this so I don't currently have a battle plan. I'm convinced I would be able to get the accounts that say in BK to be removed but the public record will be the problem.
                              Filed 10/8/09
                              341 11/2/09
                              Discharged 1/5/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X