Filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GettingGoing View Post
    Charging 5k to file a no asset bk7 case and then saying not to send new clients their was because they don't need the money and just enjoy helping people just doesn't make much sense to me.
    You mis-understood. the $5k (their personal money) is what it costs them to fight/sue the trustee and make case law. It is not their normal filing fee.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Albacore, where is the "Inland Empire"? In other words, what state are you in?
      I like the sound of your attorneys. Congrats on finding the right one the first time!

Comment

Yeah!!! About time!!

Okay, Albacore, tell the truth....Although you found this attorney, you wanted to know if there was anyone better. I was the guinea pig and I went to a few more consults and ultimately we decided that this attorney was the best

I used the same attorney, it's more of a "ma and pa" type business, yes, they really do care about their clients and yes, the Trustee doesn't "go over the forms with a fine-tooth comb" because this attorney has been doing JUST BK for Riverside/San Bernardino for over 25 years... I was way over the median AND way over the IRS Standards in some of the expenses...no problems (I was nervous that some of my credit card companies were going to challenge 'cuz lots of my charges/cash advances), no UST, no nothing....
        Last edited by liz417; 01-25-2010, 09:27 AM.
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I have been wondering lately - the BK courts are so swamped with petitions do they really have time to spend on them like they used to? I know some still get a look by the UST but and same volume as a few years ago, I don't know.....

Good luck to you & CONGRATS on your succesful Ch 7.
          Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
          Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
          Case went without a hitch!
          I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

Originally posted by calgirl67 View Post
            I have been wondering lately - the BK courts are so swamped with petitions do they really have time to spend on them like they used to? I know some still get a look by the UST but and same volume as a few years ago, I don't know.....
            I agree, the Trustee just doesn't have the time to look over everything. When I returned from my 341 I posted that I felt like "cattle" being moved from room to room and filtered out. It was very UNeventful and no need for all the stress we put on ourselves wondering about the 341
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X