Notice to Creditors -- Who Sees What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice to Creditors -- Who Sees What?

Does each creditor see a full listing of all my debts, or are they notified about my debt to them only? What all does the court send them?

My impression is that the court sends them basic information about who you are -- case number, social security number, etc. Then the creditor can easily look you up through the court system and see your whole petition, which is after all a public document. (I think they see pretty much every page filed, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
      My impression is that the court sends them basic information about who you are -- case number, social security number, etc. Then the creditor can easily look you up through the court system and see your whole petition, which is after all a public document. (I think they see pretty much every page filed, right?)
      Oh, so they contact them and give them instructions for looking things up online? I guess that's better than sending them a lot of sensitive paperwork through the U.S.P.S. Hopefully the (judgmental) relative I have to list on the BK will be too inept to figure out how to access the info (or will be too busy to bother). I don't care if the 'real' creditors look it up; that's to be expected. Thanks much.

Comment

They release your SS# ???!!!
        Making financial failure my teacher, not my undertaker!
        Ch7 Filed 9/23/09
        341 11/05/09
        01/07/2010 Discharge!!

Comment

Originally posted by NanaOf11 View Post
          To your creditors, I would think, so they can match the BK filing to your accounts. Your SSN would be redacted from any court record available to the general public.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by NanaOf11 View Post
            Your creditors already have your ssn....
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              To your creditors, I would think, so they can match the BK filing to your accounts. Your SSN would be redacted from any court record available to the general public.
              Whew! Thanks.

Comment

In looking up my documents on pacer, only the last four digits of a SS# are shown.
                Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
                Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

Our district doesn't redact it on the notice they send out to creditors, though.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X