Got approved with capital one 0%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got approved with capital one 0%

Well 17 days out of discharge and i got an offer of 0% until Feb 2011 with a $39 annual fee from Capital One. I figured it would be great to start over fresh. TRUST me, I'm only using this card when needed, car rental, hotel rental, etc. Just astonsihed that I was approved with such a decent offer though. SO, there is life after BK thus far
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Shred it, move forward, dont look back..

Comment

I agree get rid of it. Only 17 days post discharge you don't need it. Bank debit cards can be used for all the things you said.
      Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
      341 Meeting 6/5/09
      Discharged 8/5/09
      Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

I must have gotten a dozen offers from Citi & Cap One with teaser offers. They all went into the recycle bin.
        Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

I figured if I kept it in my wallet for security purposes, etc and to help rebound my credit it couldnt hurt. it's free money when used at 0%

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
            Well 17 days out of discharge and i got an offer of 0% until Feb 2011 with a $39 annual fee from Capital One. I figured it would be great to start over fresh. TRUST me, I'm only using this card when needed, car rental, hotel rental, etc. Just astonsihed that I was approved with such a decent offer though. SO, there is life after BK thus far
            that's a great offer! You could use it just to rebuild credit.
            Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
            341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
            Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
            Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

drowningNdebt,

What was your credit score, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

I figured if I kept it in my wallet for security purposes, etc and to help rebound my credit it couldnt hurt. it's free money when used at 0%
                No offense but thats how it starts, then next thing you know that 0% balance is not paid off and has grown larger and larger, then every month you mean to pay it off, but dont...Then one month you see that you cant pay it off, hooked again..only this time they got you, no BK for 7 years..

Shred it, walk away, cash and carry...

Comment

I said the same thing after I refinanced my credit card debt into my home over 2 years ago.

My credit card debt, from a 0 blance a little over 2 years ago, is now almost $40K. And this includes the card that use to 0% when I first got it.

Shred it.

Comment

im also curious on what ur credit score is as well bcause i got denied and my credit score is 565..trying to work on that

Comment

im not sure what my credit score is. whats a good site to go pull credit at?

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
                        No offense but thats how it starts, then next thing you know that 0% balance is not paid off and has grown larger and larger, then every month you mean to pay it off, but dont...Then one month you see that you cant pay it off, hooked again.
                        Wow. You just looked into my actions for the last several years! I always thought I would "beat the clock". Nope.
                        Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

pulled my credit on myfico and my transunion is a 589 and states:
                          paying bills on time: BAD (well yea i didn't pay anything since i was filing bk)
                          amount of debt: GOOD (yea it was all discharged)
                          length of credit history: GOOD
                          amount of new credit: GOOD

Comment

How much was your limit?

I opted out of credit card offers with all of the bureaus, so I haven't received any credit card offers. But I've received plenty of offers to purchase a new car, which went straight to the shredder...

Comment

Be careful with Capital One, make sure you pay them before the due date and always keep proof of payment. They are notorious for reporting late payments when you weren't really late. From a lenders standpoint, late payments after a BK are worse than anything prior to.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X