Got approved with capital one 0%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gabriel_S View Post
    There are many other ways to rebuild your credit without using a card..
    Like what? lets assume you want to establish three new tradelines, 1 car and 2 what?

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
      Showing my ignorance now.. Can't businesses verify if the card is a debit card vs a true credit card? I know some people say "run it as credit", but can't they do an "attempt" to run it as debit (which then prompts for the pin)? In this case, they could refuse and say you need to use an actual credit card? Or maybe they just don't care?

Also, I have yet to find a good pre-paid credit card which does not try to rip you a new one in fees.
      It wasn't even so much as the Debit vs. Credit, which they can actually tell the difference, it was the fact that Thrifty actually runs a full on credit report! I mean, that is ridiculous. If I didn't already pre-pay for the car on Expedia I would have walked away immediately and gone over to another rental car company.

Comment

well i recieved the card in the mail today and it is a limit of $500, 0% until March 2011 on purchases, 24.9% on cash advances (can go to atm and get cash) and if I can't make a payment one month they will no questions asked, once a year. Although I intend on using this card strictly for emergency purposes it really isn't a bad offer and limit right out of BK. I put a sticky note on the card in my wallet that states, "i'm evil". LOL
        9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
        11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
        01/04/2010 - last day for objections
        01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

We are carefully rebuilding our credit too. I have a Macy's card that we did not lose in the BK, it had nothing on it. So, we used it but have the money in a safe place to pay this off. We hope in two years our scores will be back up. It effects you insuance, your job so much that credit scores are important, but that does not mean I have to have CC debt. So, little here and there and then open a new card and pay if off and a new card... Until the score is back up. The BK will still be a problem, but we may have to buy a new car someday, and I would prefer to have a good score for that loan. But, it will be a used new one, and I will have a paid off trade in!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
            I put a sticky note on the card in my wallet that states, "i'm evil". LOL
            I like your thinking!
            Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

post a little update here. so i was approved with capital one and recieved the card about 5 weeks ago. in that time i have used the card and paid it off. my credit limit was $500 and today got a letter from capital one increasing my limit to $750! Even though I carry a $0 balance now I'm shocked how quickly they are increasing my limit. That's not good at all. I wrote on the front of the card, "use me and i'm a loan" not free money like all my friends think. Anyways, couldn;t be better not having any debt! I can go and do as I please and no longer a servant to the lender.
              9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
              11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
              01/04/2010 - last day for objections
              01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Doesn't everyone in this thread that mentioned him cutting it up is crazy and only wants people to live their way?

Oh wait, what forum is this? I am not sure if I am allowed to say that.
                New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

I was dischard 2 years now come august and that was my idea also. i got a 300 limit from orchard bank and a 350 limit on capone. when i just got it i used to pay the balance off. then i didnt rack it up. but then i spent a tremendous amount on the cap-one(which was raised to 750) and could NOT GET BACK ON MY FEET. i mean, the overtime from work was over and i was at the max or over for a couple of months now.

I was able to pay them all off. i cut up the orchard bank card and a zales card i had. i only have the cap-one with 0 balance now. and the rason why i havent cut it up is because my EZ pass is on it.

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
                    I put a sticky note on the card in my wallet that states, "i'm evil". LOL
                    Haha! After I stopped using my AMEX I still kept it in my wallet for a while just so I would know where it was. I was afraid I would forget and use it for a purchase so I wrote, "NOOO!" across the face of it. It's now cut up into itty bitty pieces.

Maybe the goverment should make CC companies put pictures of homeless people, table settings of loaf bread and water, repo trucks hauling off cars and such on the face of the credit cards under the Truth in Lending laws.

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
                      No offense but thats how it starts, then next thing you know that 0% balance is not paid off and has grown larger and larger, then every month you mean to pay it off, but dont...Then one month you see that you cant pay it off, hooked again..only this time they got you, no BK for 7 years..

Shred it, walk away, cash and carry...
                      Could not have said it better.
                      Last edited by Dannmcg357; 03-11-2010, 03:00 PM.
                      Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                      341 March 18
                      Discharged...May 18
                      Awaiting closing...

Comment

You guys are walking a slippery slope talking about all this debt free, no credit card stuff. People are going to start to think you are mean and full of it like me.
                        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by BROKEDED View Post
                          Haha! After I stopped using my AMEX I still kept it in my wallet for a while just so I would know where it was. I was afraid I would forget and use it for a purchase so I wrote, "NOOO!" across the face of it. It's now cut up into itty bitty pieces.

Maybe the goverment should make CC companies put pictures of homeless people, table settings of loaf bread and water, repo trucks hauling off cars and such on the face of the credit cards under the Truth in Lending laws.
                          It's called self-control and you don't buy it unless you actually need it and can afford it. If you don't have the cash on hand to pay for it, you cannot afford it. There are some people just addicted to spending and nothing short of intervention, therapy or meds help - maybe there should be a law with the name of Debtor's Anonymous on the front of each card with the toll free number...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                            - maybe there should be a law with the name of Debtor's Anonymous on the front of each card with the toll free number...
                            That's funny!
                            Hello Debtor's Anonymous? yes, I am about to buy an xbox with my cc because I didn't save for it and I want it rite now. Please help me!

We got an offer from Capitol One with the little "Now is the time to Rebuild Your Credit" on the envolope. We have not even been to the 341 yet. It's already in the trash. I do understand the way rental car companies and hotels operate on credit cards, I dont like it, but there it is. It is more of a liability/security on their part. Not really a status thing, but that is how you're left feeling when you don't have a cc to use, like your a less worthy customer.
                            Last edited by Dannmcg357; 03-12-2010, 06:53 AM.
                            Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                            341 March 18
                            Discharged...May 18
                            Awaiting closing...

Comment

Swipe or not to swipe?

We are credit card junkies. Our country has allowed the are abuse, and for us to be lured into credit traps for many years. If you file bk to get out of debt, you should NOT go near a credit card until you can stand on your own two feet in the "want and need dept".

Why file bk, and end up back here again. And, you will be back here. I see lots of people stating reasons to have a ccard again for excuses to get a card rolling again. Okay, so some have to have a card for business purposes. Those people have to really sustain when swiping beyond the usage for their jobs. The rest of us are crazy to swipe cards all over again. It is not pretty to be viewed as second classed citizen due to bk and not having a ccard in your wallet for status or convenience. I, myself, am trying so hard to buck the want of a ccard. We have to stop lying to ourselves on racking up debtagain. Even those that used it for medical reasons have to be careful as they have also be engaged in how easy it is to use them for same reasons as the rest of us have done in the past for purchases we could not afford.

There should be a class that we all have to take to structure our stupid minds into saving for a rainy day, and to purchase with cash from here on out. It is a struggle, and I am not harping at anyone here. Just trying to make sense of the gift to be able to file for bk, and then, turn right around (for whatever reason you want to call it), and go it all over again. It will be slow, but you will be back here............think about this before you swipe (wipe) the card in the future.........the ccard burns in your wallet, then in your hand, and they in your face. Don't forget the reality of ccard usage.
                              (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                              :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Oh, and maybe if we are ordered to take a class to structure our brains to obstain from the usage of credit cards, we also should be warned that IF we get credit cards again, and rack up debt anytime within the so many years after bk, that our cases should be reopened and we should be ordered to be in a Chapter 13 period. And, also there should be a law that you cannot go bk more than twice. If it is for credit card debt only, not even twice. Say all the excuses you want, but as the lenders used and abused "the ignorant" ones that racked up credit card debt (not the people that used it for medical debt), those people aren't any better than the lenders that lurked them in. Me for one!!!! It is like once on welfare, raised on welfare, you don't see any other way than to repeat it over and over again in future generations. It has got to stop people..
                                (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                                :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X