Good BK Attorney in LA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good BK Attorney in LA?

Right now, I can manage $1500 max (that would have to include the filing fees). Most in LA are quoting 2K plus filing fee of $300. If anyone has a referral to an attorney in that price range who is experienced with the BK court, Los Angeles Division, please PM me.

I think it's pretty clear from some of my posts that I am not someone who can handle long-term suspense of what creditors will do. And I sure don't want to have to deal with account seizures or lawsuits.

Maybe I have time before anything happens, but then again, maybe I don't.

Thank you.
    Last edited by ApresMoi; 02-02-2010, 11:45 AM. Reason: Correct typo.

I am going with an attorney by the name of XXXXXX in downtown LA. She is what I would consider a "budget" attorney but after talking to her, she knows her stuff and has the experience it takes to get things done. Her office is on the top floor of an office building that isn't bad but has probably seen better days. She answers her own phone most of the time which is good and bad but it means you can almost always get a hold of her. Her prices may vary but they are in-line with what you can afford to pay and she will give you a payment plan so it's not required up-front. I'm sure it will need to be paid off before you are discharged (otherwise she wouldn't be able to collect either) but at least you can start the process and save up some money once you stop paying your CC's.

Most likely it's going to run you about $1800 out the door with court fees and required courses ($50+$25).
    Last edited by Flamingo; 02-04-2010, 09:26 PM. Reason: Attorney name removed by moderator

Comment

Check your PM.
      File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
      Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
      Discharged: Apr 22 2010
      Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BKInLA View Post
        I am going with an attorney by the name of xxxx in downtown LA. She is what I would consider a "budget" attorney but after talking to her, she knows her stuff and has the experience it takes to get things done. Her office is on the top floor of an office building that isn't bad but has probably seen better days. She answers her own phone most of the time which is good and bad but it means you can almost always get a hold of her. Her prices may vary but they are in-line with what you can afford to pay and she will give you a payment plan so it's not required up-front. I'm sure it will need to be paid off before you are discharged (otherwise she wouldn't be able to collect either) but at least you can start the process and save up some money once you stop paying your CC's.

Most likely it's going to run you about $1800 out the door with court fees and required courses ($50+$25).
        Thanks, appreciated. That's more than I have right now. I will add to the list...you never know.
        Last edited by Flamingo; 02-04-2010, 09:27 PM. Reason: Attorney name removed by moderator

Comment

If you have unsecured debt that you're currently paying then that could stop and you'd save that money. If not, then maybe sell off some things in your garage or maybe you'll be getting a tax refund this year(?). Like I said, she only needs a $200 retainer to at least have her start to handle the collection calls and then you can make payments until you file.

Good luck to you either way.

Comment

I just filed

I just filed with the [edit]. I picked them by chance. For my case they are charging $1500 which includes the 2 classes. My attorney is [edit], he seems to be a hard charger. I didn't want to go with the cheaper firms because they may quote you a low price to suck you in and ding you later. I filed the 27th of Jan and have completed both classes and am just waiting for the 341 mar 17th.
            Last edited by HHM; 02-04-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

includes filing fees.

Comment

Thanks. Still looking around...

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize we couldn't state actual attorney names. Is PM acceptable if recommendations are requested?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X