Happiness is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness is...

Finding my ziploc baggie full of the old credit cards and happily cutting up each and every one
    Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
    Last day for objections 1/22/2010
    Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
    Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

Lol!!
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Nice! I let my kids shred each and every one of them. I also made them say "CREDIT CARDS STINK!" before doing each one. Hopefully they got the point.
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Yes, we plan on actually framing our ziploc bag of shredded credit cards! It actually was a liberating moment.
          Filed Consumer Chapter 7 12/18/08
          341 meeting 1/15/09

No-asset distribution report filed 1/20/2009
          Discharged 3/23/09

Comment

It is liberating for sure, but lots of people here are taking on cc debt all over again, or at least using the excuse to have one to build up credit scores again.

It all does depend on each person though, I know that. Personally, it is way too soon to start playing with fire (cc's again).

The liberating thing for me now is viewing NEED over WANT, and saving up for the NEEDS, and walking away from WANTS. The credit card companies WANT us to WANT so they get their claws in our backs.
            (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
            :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
              It is liberating for sure, but lots of people here are taking on cc debt all over again, or at least using the excuse to have one to build up credit scores again.

It all does depend on each person though, I know that. Personally, it is way too soon to start playing with fire (cc's again).

The liberating thing for me now is viewing NEED over WANT, and saving up for the NEEDS, and walking away from WANTS. The credit card companies WANT us to WANT so they get their claws in our backs.
              Could not agree more, but each person has to deal with this in their own way. Some people can't make the change over to cash and some people don't want to. I know this experience has changed me forever, and I won't go back to doing the things that got me in this predicament.
              New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post

I know. While I've been tempted to get an *emergency* card, I can't bring myself to just jump back into debt. I think it can be an addiction, especially an addiction to having whatever you want and so it's a good idea to step away from the credit cards and at least give it a break for a while so you can learn to live on cash.
                Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
                Last day for objections 1/22/2010
                Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X