discharged, closed, tax return??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discharged, closed, tax return??

chapter 7 bankruptcy---Hi, I was discharged on 2-8, case closed on 2-11,and I am doing my tax returns and will probably get about $6,000 back. The same amount I have been getting back for the last few years. The tt never mentioned to us at our 341 meeting about wanting to see our 09 tax return, now I am wondering if I should contact the tt and see if he wants it or should I do nothing and keep the refund?? By the way we were a no asset case, and from Wisconsin.

Contact your attorney, not the Trustee. Also, if your case closed and it was a "no asset" case, then they are not expecting to take your refund. It is possible that your attorney "exempted" the anticipated refund.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Im in a simalar situation I was discharged on 8-5-09, no asset, kept house. Now I was wondering if there is any thing special I have to do when filling tax return. We will be getting money back because the incomes and daycare are the same as past years. Is there somthing when filing on like the tax act web site that ask if you have filed? Im from WI too

Comment

This is a question for your attorney. If you didn't file with an attorney, you may need to contact the Trustee's office. Never tell them you're expecting a refund. Only ask them if they require you to submit your tax return to them.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

In my case they had prior tax return so the attourney knows that i've gotten money back and I called a while ago and they told me they cant touch my tax return I will be getting in the future only inheritance. Plus there is a 6 month watch peroid from the dischare date that the trustee keeps tabs on for large sums of money that is past now for us.

Comment

I would contact your attorney, but NO WAY IN THE WORLD would I call the TT and say....."hey bro, did you want this $6K tax refund?"

Holy cow NO!
            New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X