top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble Interpreting Pacer Staus Updates and Order: Dishcharge versus Await. Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Interpreting Pacer Staus Updates and Order: Dishcharge versus Await. Closing

Hey everyone,
    I am anxiously awaiting my 341 in less than weeks and a good friend of mine is going through a similar situation and had his meeting about 2 weeks ago. When he checked on Pacer he saw "Awaiting Closing." What does this mean? He never saw "Awaiting Discharge". I thought you had to have "Awaiting Discharge" BEFORE "Awaiting Closing".

Oh and under Pending Statuses his report says under Status Set By: Report of No Distribution-Ch7-No Funds (No Paper)

I have no idea to whether to tell him to be excited or not and it makes me apprehensive about my own upcoming 341 and when I start checking Pacer myself regularly.

Is there any rhyme or reason or logical progression on the Pacer Status updates? Also, is there anywhere we can go that concisely describes what all of these status updates and codes stand for?

Thanks in advance...I've done a search but don't see any clear delineation.
    Last edited by bobbyquefour; 02-12-2010, 05:00 PM.

Anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

Comment

Never look at the PACER status unless it actually reads DISMISSED or CLOSED. Even the flags may not be updated in a timely manner. Just understand what your major case dates are and live by those.

No Distribution is usually the sign that the Trustee has asked to be excused from the case. The fact that you have a case status of Pending Close means just that. Just wait the requisite 60-days post 341 Meeting and celebrate. Then when it actually discharges, have another glass of wine and celebrate. The close is an administrative step and since you're a no-asset case, you'll probably auto-close within a day or two of your actual Discharge.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X