I Want to Thank This Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Want to Thank This Forum

We passed our 60 day window for creditor objections back on the 8th of this month. We have unloaded 80,000 worth of debt, and we are at this time, completely debt free, save for the mortgage on our mobile home which at $416 a month is way below any amount we would have to pay in rent for anything, anywhere. So, we hardly even see it as a debt. We see it as a blessing.

I have a new job, doing something I'm very interested in doing, and it looks like we are really going to be able to start over--even in the middle of the Great Recession.

The fear of the bankruptcy was very hard. I had never so much as been late on a bill before that. And I am a worrier. And yet, it was all needless worry. This forum helped me a great deal in overcoming that fear. It also helped me plan our bankruptcy. I learned many strategic moves by staying tuned in here.

So, I want to say thank you to those who post here and moderate here. You helped me when I was at my lowest point in life. Now, it looks like we're on the upswing.

I check pacer once a week. My entire history is only one page, So it's only .08 a pop. I don't think I'll ever cross the $10 mark before we're discharged. My lawyer says it will be any time between now an the first part of March.

Again, thanks. I'll continue to stay tuned because maybe one day I'll be able to help someone the way I was helped. And I like the economic news.

Congrats ........... thats the story we all want to tell one day.
    North Carolina

Comment

Glad to hear things are going so well for you, FF! Life can be so much more wonderful after bankruptcy, and you're proving it!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Great post freefall, just filed on the 12th and though relieved, still nervous and got that "What have I done" feeling. Good to hear some positive feedback.
        Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
        341 March 18
        Discharged...May 18
        Awaiting closing...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X