X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's examined Between "File and Discharge"

Question:

Forgot to ask my attorney...

Is the court still examining expenses/income in the months after you file but before you are discharged?

That's a good question. I guess it depends on what is going on with your case. If you're a no asset case then I think they will not really look at anything you do between your 341 and discharge date. My trustee filed a report of no distribution the day after my 341 and I never heard anything from the attorney or trustee after that, outside getting my reaffirmation filed.

I also obtained new credit before my discharge. No problems, discharge and case closed on time. Many on here will tell you not to get new credit before discharge, but I've not found any law or regulation that prohibits this in a Chapter 7. Obtaining new credit lines before discharge is not one of the few reasons you can be denied a discharge. Some might argue totality of circumstances or some such thing, but I've not heard of anyone denied a discharge for getting new credit before Chapter 7 discharge.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

In over 90% of the cases, nothing happens between the 341 Meeting and the discharge (and close). This is because they are no-asset cases and don't have any issues related to the Means Test or being eligible for a discharge.

Generally speaking, if you're under-the-median and no-asset... absolutely nothing happens between the 341 Meeting and discharge/close.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X