Left 1 creditor OFF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left 1 creditor OFF.

So my last day for objections was yesterday but I guess do to the holiday it will be today instead. However I just recieved a letter from a creditor that was somehow left off my bk. The sent me an offer to pay half of what I owe which is $ 110.00. I filed pro se and I have read that If you add a creditor to the bk after the 341 there is a possibility I will have to go through another 341.Has anyonoe had experience with this. Would it be best for me to just pay the $ 110.00 or can I just wait untill I get my discharge and send them a copy and they will remove it. Will they have problem removing it because they were not in th original filing ? Thanks for any info

I would just wait and send them a copy of the discharge.
    It doesn't sound like you owe them much anyway...
    I doubt you would hear anything more from them.
    Chapter 7 No Asset
    Filed January 2010
    341 February 2010
    Discharged April 2010

Comment

Don't pay it. I would do as suggested above. First, all debts are discharged if you're a no asset case. When the case is concluded, just send the discharge order and injunction.

Also, I wouldn't be talking to them. I would have sent them a letter indicating that you filed and were protected. Actually, as soon as you inform them, you should send them a copy of the Notice of Bankruptcy and be done with them!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

I will wait ti get the discharge and just send them a copy. I have not spoke with them personallly. I just got the letter stating that the want to offer me a settlement at 50 % of what I owe. I m glad beacause I was going to call them to make arrangments. Im so glad this forum exists.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X