top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chap 7 - When did you start relax......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 7 - When did you start relax......?

So, after filing when did you actually start to relax a little? I have a lawyer who has about 20 years bankruptcy experience (Ivy league college). (The lawyer who referred me to him said he was a “genius”). I asked him if he saw any potential problems, he said that all looked okay to him, nothing was "jumping out" at him. Is it okay to breathe a little now? My 341 is in 2 weeks.....supposing the 341 is okay, is that the time to relax? Or, is their still a chance of problems while awaiting the 60 day mark for discharge? (I am a no assest case with pure unsecured credit card debt).
    File Date Feb 1, 2010
    341 Mar 8, 2010
    Discharged and closed May 10, 2010
    Being very careful and wise with fresh start!......Living happily ever after since!

When did you start relax......?
    Somewhere between the first and the third Jack and coke.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
      Somewhere between the first and the third Jack and coke.
      Why ruin a good drink with coke?
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Many of us learn our relaxation could have commenced after we decided to file. Of course, this is one of those interesting hindsight lessons. If you've been honest and have a competent attorney familiar with local practices, breathe. The 341 is anti-climatic for most no asset cases and the 60 days fly by without objection.
        *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

After my lawyer told me I could stop paying my credit cards! I hadn't even filed yet and felt instant relief! I heard all these horror stories of how terrible it was to file BK, but I can stand here and tell you now that it was really truly a piece of cake. We filed, we went to our 341 and was in and out and the day after my 60 days was up we were discharged, a few days later closed! Unless you are hiding something, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
          Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
          Last day for objections 1/22/2010
          Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
          Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

When I stood in front of that nice judge at my discharge hearing and he said:

I am pleased to grant your order of discharge.
            09/28/2009: Filed Chapter 7 (Pro Se)
            10/27/2009: 341 Meeting of Creditors
            12/28/2009: Last Day for Objections
            01/22/2010: DISCHARGED

Comment

When I found this forum and started reading of other people's situations, I realized that as bad as our situation was, it by no means the worst, and that we weren't alone.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                When I found this forum and started reading of other people's situations, I realized that as bad as our situation was, it by no means the worst, and that we weren't alone.
                Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
                Last day for objections 1/22/2010
                Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

I felt huge relief when we filed, but I was still stressed until the 341. I have 50 days left until discharge and I am still a little anxious but nothing like before the 341. No matter how many times that I read about how non-eventful the 341 would be, I was still stressed out. Take it one day at a time and trust your attorney, he know the most about how things work in your district.
                  Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
                  Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
                  341 - 2/12/2010
                  Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

I felt relief when I filed, however, I was shocked at how smooth and easy the whole process was!!! Then, after discharge I got a credit card offer for capital one 0% and $500 balance so I took it. I use it for ups shipping and pay it off after all transactions clear! I'm done with debt. My dad then stepped in and bought me a new car cash so I'm in the process of having the lender come and pick their car up. A nice relief too, to get rid of a $400 payment! I then decided to shop for insurance on my new car and got Geico who gave me a heck of a deal at $400 a year and I'm 28 with a sports car! The insurer I had I was with for 7 years but I had BK'd about $46,000 with them, (USAA) !!!!!! They took away my online access and I felt shame everytime I called them because of the BK so it feels better to be in the clear now. Plus Geico was a better deal They did beg me to stay but I stood firm. Anyways, you too will feel relief, trust me. It's like a puzzel and all pieces will fall in place. Financially, I have never felt better in my life not worrying about over $3,200 a month in minimum payments! Now it's $0!
                    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
                    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
                    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
                    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

I'll come back to answer on this thread hopefully in 20 days
                      This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

my problem is getting the paperwork together to file. still haven't finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by readytofile View Post
                          After my lawyer told me I could stop paying my credit cards! I hadn't even filed yet and felt instant relief! I heard all these horror stories of how terrible it was to file BK, but I can stand here and tell you now that it was really truly a piece of cake. We filed, we went to our 341 and was in and out and the day after my 60 days was up we were discharged, a few days later closed! Unless you are hiding something, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
                          We just decided on Monday and I'm already thrilled to pieces that we can have a future. I hope our filing is cake too. ;) My husband and I went on a date that night and it was the best time I've had in years. lol
                          attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                          no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                          341, 05/10/2010
                          discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

My first relief was the hours after I filed. I was able to answer the phone and tell Creditors what they could do with their veiled threats of lawsuits. (Actually it was a foreclosure on one of my Investment Properties that I was stopping.)

I was dragged down by trying to keep investment properties... even trying to keep one in my Chapter 13. When I found I could strip my 2nd in Chapter 13 (it had already been written off anyhow)... and my futile attempts at renting or selling my investment property at a profit were just that, futile... I was relieved for the second time.
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

For me it was when my 341 was over, 3 minutes tops, and the TT said this hearing is adjurned, turned to me and said, Good Luck sir...my attorney walked me out the room, I was still dumbfounded I guess, he out his arm around my shoulder, and said, thats it, you are done, get the post filing class done asap, and wait for your discharge...

Leading up to getting a attorney, facing what I could not stop, that was difficult,, missing that firs tpayment killed me as well..

This forum helped alot..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X