In Weird Limbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Weird Limbo

I don't have a question per se, just making a comment that my paperwork is now in the hands of the attorney and I hope to file in two weeks or less. The private investigators are no longer crawling around the 'hood (and I think it was the bank who I reported debit card fraud to who did that...thanks a bunch, banksters!). The phones stopped ringing about two weeks ago, after I sent Amex's outside counsel a debt validation letter. The accounts have probably been transferred to the next tier of collection agencies, and that is fine.

As to the Ch. 7, I have concerns, of course, that my expenses are not high enough relative to my unemployment check (I know, but i really have been living this way for so long I have gotten used to it). I wonder if they will question whether someone on unemployment should be spending $60 a month on cable TV? I don't know. I am also over the IRS budget for food by at least $75, but have receipts to show that that is actually what I spend. Again, will they question some 'gourmet' purchases? They probably won't even look at them. Just a guess. I would find it odd if they tried to push me into a Ch. 13, but I guess anything can happen.

So I am in a kind of weird limbo, biding my time for this to get resolved. I still think the creditors must all be talking to one another, since they all stopped calling ON THE SAME DAY. Bizarre. Oh well, nothing for it but to wait. I just hope no one serves me with papers before we can get the filing done. Just do not want to deal with that. Ever. We shall see.

Hopefully, the trustee won't have some private eyes tail you in the Whole Foods produce department.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
      Hopefully, the trustee won't have some private eyes tail you in the Whole Foods produce department.
      Better food, leads to better health, which leads to better mental capabilities to make sound financial decisions moving forward.

Also, eating organic food means supporting local farmers and keeping more food dollars in the local food ecosystem.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Can you even be pushed into a chapter 13 when you don't have a job? It is called the "wage-earners" plan. Just curious.
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
          Can you even be pushed into a chapter 13 when you don't have a job? It is called the "wage-earners" plan. Just curious.
          You have to have steady income to do a chapter 13. That income could come from collecting rent, or from investments, a pension, etc... Unemployment insurance is not permanent so I don't think a plan that used Unemployment insurance as the only source of income would be approved.

Comment

There's always chapter 11. Not being able to do chapter 13 doesn't mean you're automatically allowed into chapter 7. (This was a concern for me because I am ineligible for 13 so I really wanted the 7 to work!)

But, I'd be very surprised if a trustee moved to push someone out of 7 when they've been on unemployment and every indication is that they'll continue to be for a while yet. I do wonder if you've overlooked some expenses. Being able to save money out of unemployment checks would be quite a skill!

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
              Better food, leads to better health, which leads to better mental capabilities to make sound financial decisions moving forward.

Also, eating organic food means supporting local farmers and keeping more food dollars in the local food ecosystem.
              Are you suggesting we stop buying produce grown in California that is shipped all over this country? How could I replace Two Buck Chuck wine? What about apples grown in Washington state or corn from Illinois? These liberal bastions would become deserted!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Are you suggesting we stop buying produce grown in California that is shipped all over this country? How could I replace Two Buck Chuck wine? What about apples grown in Washington state or corn from Illinois? These liberal bastions would become deserted!
                No one is going to remove your wine from the paper-bag you are swigging it from Ohiofiler. Of course we should support non-organic agriculture as well as support organic agriculture.

I like buying locally when possible, and I certainly see the benefits of no pesticides or antibiotics in my food.

Comment

No one is going to remove your wine from the paper-bag you are swigging it from Ohiofiler. Of course we should support non-organic agriculture as well as support organic agriculture.

I like buying locally when possible, and I certainly see the benefits of no pesticides or antibiotics in my food.
                  Two Buck Chuck is a good wine and I'm sure you might even find a few liberals who enjoy it alone in the privacy of their homes out of sight of their snobbish friends.

There is no certainty that the produce you purchase locally is free from pesticides or antibiotics. But if it makes you feel better by all means keep buying it.

Comment

Two Buck Chuck is a good wine and I'm sure you might even find a few liberals who enjoy it alone in the privacy of their homes out of sight of their snobbish friends.

There is no certainty that the produce you purchase locally is free from pesticides or antibiotics. But if it makes you feel better by all means keep buying it.
                    I shop at Trader Joes and have bought 2 buck Chuck to cook with many times.

I can't drink it though....I am too "high maintenance" and need a better wine.

Organic farmers are held to strict standards. I have a better chance of having pesticide and antibiotic free food by buying organic than if I don't buy organic.

Comment

We don't have Whole Foods here! And it is too early in the season for farmer's markets! No telling where my groceries are coming from!

My grocery expense on my budget was WAY over (more than double) the IRS allowance and my trustee didn't even question it. I just put what I always spend at the grocery store, and yeah, I can prove it, but that also included non grocery items like dog food and household cleaning supplies. I splurge on some gourmet stuff once in a while, but I guess I eat enough tuna and pbj in between to feel entitled. After starting my chapter 13 I have learned some ways to lower that portion of my budget a little bit so I can have some padding, but those were my actual pre-filing expenses that I wrote into it.

BY THE WAY. I stopped to pick up a pint of Dove (decadent) chocolate ice cream last night. Two days ago this pint was $2.79, and it was not on sale. Last night it was $4.59. That is ridiculous. I demand ice cream reform.

Comment

I shop at Trader Joes and have bought 2 buck Chuck to cook with many times.

I can't drink it though....I am too "high maintenance" and need a better wine.

Organic farmers are held to strict standards. I have a better chance of having pesticide and antibiotic free food by buying organic than if I don't buy organic.
                        High maintenance led you here!

What you need to do is get a better grasp of the simple life here in the mid-west. Budweiser is fine and we don't need some fungus that was dug up by a pig in France then sliced atop a duck liver to consider a meal worthy of 5-stars.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                          We don't have Whole Foods here! And it is too early in the season for farmer's markets! No telling where my groceries are coming from!

BY THE WAY. I stopped to pick up a pint of Dove (decadent) chocolate ice cream last night. Two days ago this pint was $2.79, and it was not on sale. Last night it was $4.59. That is ridiculous. I demand ice cream reform.
                          If the nanny statists in Congress get their way you will know. They're working on plans to label origin on every fruit or veggie sold.

If you eat only 1/2 of the ice cream at a time the "per treat" price of the stuff will remain the same!

Comment

meh, it's ok. I'm not all that into knowing where my groceries came from. If I can buy from a local farmer, I do. But otherwise, I don't really care. Not like knowing is going to change anything anyway. And the ice cream... well... I guess I can find a cheaper way to put that 15 lbs back on that I accidentally lost this winter. I'm not really a huge fan of ice cream, but I am underweight again and need to pack on some lbs.

Comment

How did you I bought those items at Whole Foods? Hee hee. Btw, I supported some local apiary when I paid $7.99 for that jar of honey.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X