No announcement yet.

In Weird Limbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America's fine tradition of anti-intellectualism is alive and well here! As a matter of fact, the French know a h*ll of a lot more about cooking than we do (or used to, with the last decade's explosion of high end chefs in this country, they may no longer have a corner on culinary expertise). It's almost criminal how much we're missing out.

For the past year, I have existed on not exactly beans and rice, but close to it. It wasn't fun. Now that I am not paying my creditors, I'm eating well, and yes, organic when I can, and guess what, the upgrade in my diet has made a huge difference in mood and overall sense of well being. I can't drink the two buck chuck either. Yes, I tried. Ghastly.

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
    High maintenance led you here!

What you need to do is get a better grasp of the simple life here in the mid-west. Budweiser is fine and we don't need some fungus that was dug up by a pig in France then sliced atop a duck liver to consider a meal worthy of 5-stars.

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
      There's always chapter 11. Not being able to do chapter 13 doesn't mean you're automatically allowed into chapter 7. (This was a concern for me because I am ineligible for 13 so I really wanted the 7 to work!)

But, I'd be very surprised if a trustee moved to push someone out of 7 when they've been on unemployment and every indication is that they'll continue to be for a while yet. I do wonder if you've overlooked some expenses. Being able to save money out of unemployment checks would be quite a skill!
      It's amazing how little one can live on when one has to. Doesn't mean it's right or advisable for the long-term. You know there's that section in Schedule I (or is it J) that asks whether you anticipate any changes. And what I would like to add there is that, h*ll yes, I anticipate changes. Now that I am not paying my creditors, I intend to move into a 'normal' space (higher rent), which will enable me to get my crap out of storage, and start living like a human being. THAT is what I intend to tell them if anyone questions why I cannot pay back my creditors since my expenses are so low. I have no idea how I am going to support myself when unemployment ends, and I don't give a crap any longer. You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. I did my bit. The card companies got me into their mill and kept me there for years and I could not get out in spite of really, really trying. This (BK) is now my only option. I'm done.

Comment

THANK YOU. Good to know. What I spend on food is not quite double the IRS allowances, but close to it, and yes, I have most all of the receipts. My household supplies are also WAY over (what are they thinking with that piddly allowance)? I read the new IRS expenses come out on March 15th (think that was the date), but I do not want to wait that long to file.

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
        We don't have Whole Foods here! And it is too early in the season for farmer's markets! No telling where my groceries are coming from!

My grocery expense on my budget was WAY over (more than double) the IRS allowance and my trustee didn't even question it. I just put what I always spend at the grocery store, and yeah, I can prove it, but that also included non grocery items like dog food and household cleaning supplies. I splurge on some gourmet stuff once in a while, but I guess I eat enough tuna and pbj in between to feel entitled. After starting my chapter 13 I have learned some ways to lower that portion of my budget a little bit so I can have some padding, but those were my actual pre-filing expenses that I wrote into it.

BY THE WAY. I stopped to pick up a pint of Dove (decadent) chocolate ice cream last night. Two days ago this pint was $2.79, and it was not on sale. Last night it was $4.59. That is ridiculous. I demand ice cream reform.

Comment

Originally posted by ApresMoi View Post
          THANK YOU. Good to know. What I spend on food is not quite double the IRS allowances, but close to it, and yes, I have most all of the receipts. My household supplies are also WAY over (what are they thinking with that piddly allowance)? I read the new IRS expenses come out on March 15th (think that was the date), but I do not want to wait that long to file.
          The new standards have been published.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

America's fine tradition of anti-intellectualism is alive and well here! As a matter of fact, the French know a h*ll of a lot more about cooking than we do (or used to, with the last decade's explosion of high end chefs in this country, they may no longer have a corner on culinary expertise). It's almost criminal how much we're missing out.

For the past year, I have existed on not exactly beans and rice, but close to it. It wasn't fun. Now that I am not paying my creditors, I'm eating well, and yes, organic when I can, and guess what, the upgrade in my diet has made a huge difference in mood and overall sense of well being. I can't drink the two buck chuck either. Yes, I tried. Ghastly.
            I never imagined anti-intellectualism extending into the kitchen!

Cooking is like art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'll gladly let all the intellectuals sit at a fancy table eating French food, each in his or her best dinner jacket or gown discussing Sartre while I hang out with the non-intellectuals enjoying a beer and a burger in my jeans and t-shirt while flirting with the non-intellectual all-American chicks.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Ridiculous. Progressives need to investigate the frozen desserts money trail, then start kicking some frozen dessert azz.

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
              BY THE WAY. I stopped to pick up a pint of Dove (decadent) chocolate ice cream last night. Two days ago this pint was $2.79, and it was not on sale. Last night it was $4.59. That is ridiculous. I demand ice cream reform.

Comment

Vulgarity fears social refinement, whether in the kitchen or the closet. It's an epidemic (and aka reverse snobbery).

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                I never imagined anti-intellectualism extending into the kitchen!

Cooking is like art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'll gladly let all the intellectuals sit at a fancy table eating French food, each in his or her best dinner jacket or gown discussing Sartre while I hang out with the non-intellectuals enjoying a beer and a burger in my jeans and t-shirt while flirting with the non-intellectual all-American chicks.

Comment

Ridiculous. Progressives need to investigate the frozen desserts money trail, then start kicking some frozen dessert azz.

Yeah. I called my congressman. Fat lot of good that did. Then I read that ice cream manufacturers contributed several billion pints to his campaign. So much for that.

Comment

Vulgarity fears social refinement, whether in the kitchen or the closet. It's an epidemic (and aka reverse snobbery).

I agree ApresMoi. I think it's just fear of miss-pronouncing something on the menu in front of your "date".
                    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Budweiser is also an excellent marinade for high quality steaks over an open fire. Learned that method when I lived on the Great Plains. Incredible flavor, but I suspect the beef they have there is the real key.

Just Bud and steak. Gourmet flavor.

But, seriously, half a can of Bud over the steak 20 minutes before grilling, and half a can during the cooking. If, however, you are concerned about needing more, by all means pop a second can and drink whatever doesn't get put on the steak.

I wish we had regular access to beef like that here in FL. Florida was once world renowned for beef, but I have never figured out why. Totally different, and in my opinion, lesser quality and flavor.
                      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X