top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

job requiring credit check ok to file ch 7???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job requiring credit check ok to file ch 7???

Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a problem and tried using the search button ( probably me) but was unable to find any info. I have officially filed my papers, I just got promoted ( small increase already let my lawyer know) and they want to do a background/creditcheck . my question is, since they are going to do a credit check/background check ( perfectly fine on back ground), will it show to my job that i have filed BK 2-3 days ago ? i want this job and hope i wont get shot in the foot. They are going to be running the credit check monday 3/1/10 and i have officially filed 2/26/10. just want to make sure my job will be ok ? thanks again to everyone for the help

CCA1984
    if you are in the san diego Area and need a great lawyer PM me !!! my lawyer did miracle's for me and has made my life better

That's interesting that the company you already work for will have to perform another credit check prior to you being promoted. Is the new work you'll be doing that different from your old job (i.e., will you now be handling money?)

I'm working part-time for a company right now and have been watching their job listings hoping to go full-time. What you say worries me, because I was hoping that the transition from pt to ft wouldn't require much paperwork much less a credit check!

Comment

Many companys are taking steps nowadays in various ways to which we are not accustomed. I too am surprised that they are rerunning another credit check on a full time employee just getting a promotion - the promotion must be to a certain sector that requires that to be run. It is probably company policy.

Your BK may or may not be showing on your credit reports 2-3 days after filng. Sometimes it shows the next day after filing as everything is electronic and some creditors are lightening fast to list it. There is no guarantee for you on this. You may want to personally talk to your supervisor or HR manager about your situation to avoid any surprises or guessing games. Best of luck to you...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

it's only 1 business day so there is a (small) chance it won't appear. i wish you had known it ahead of time, you could have delayed for a few days.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

CCA1984, what was the outcome? Did they find out about the BK.
          This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
          Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X