Has anyone heard of 722 redemption? via US Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard of 722 redemption? via US Bank

We got something in the mail saying "keep your car and pay only what it's worth" not what you owe. I looked on their website 722redemption and it shows it is financed by US bank.

Anyone heard of this? We are reaffirming one fairly new car but perplexed what to do with our truck as we're upside down by $5K. We would love to keep the truck if there was such a thing as paying what it is worth - which would be much more manageable.
    Stopped paying CCs 6/09
    Filed 1/10
    341 = 3/10
    6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

I think most people that check into redemption find out that when US Bank re-writes your loan to current market value that the interest rates and terms come close to wiping out any savings. Being upside down $5k I would just walk away and start fresh.

How long do you have left to pay ?

Comment

Originally posted by Meatstick View Post
      I think most people that check into redemption find out that when US Bank re-writes your loan to current market value that the interest rates and terms come close to wiping out any savings. Being upside down $5k I would just walk away and start fresh.

Yeah they will reduce the balance some and then charge you 30% interest. No thanks.
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by Meatstick View Post
        We got suckered into a long loan - 7 years at 7%. We still have almost 5 years left. I had always thought we'd refinance it (before all the bad happened).

We had a small balance on a USBank card that went into the bk. I'm sure they'd not approve us for the redemption anyway.
        Stopped paying CCs 6/09
        Filed 1/10
        341 = 3/10
        6/22/2010 DISCHARGE!!

Comment

Never refinance for more years than you current have due on your current loan. If your current loan only has 36 months left... never refinance for 72 months. That's a killer!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X