Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployed affidavit/form

Hi,

Do I need to write an affidavit or fill an special form (along with the bankrupcy package forms) before I file. I been without a job for a year. I wrote the mean test already and past it. I have no income and I live with my parents (almost no expenses) . Plus I have no benefits from the goverment.
    If so, who I direct the affidavit?

Originally posted by JensenCO View Post
    Hi,

Do I need to write an affidavit or fill an special form (along with the bankrupcy package forms) before I file. I been without a job for a year. I wrote the mean test already and past it. I have no income and I live with my parents (almost no expenses) . Plus I have no benefits from the goverment.
    If so, who I direct the affidavit?
    I do not know if there is a separate affidavit you file with the court if you are unemployed. I think that would be covered by the penalty for perjury that you swear to when you sign the regular BK forms.

There is, however, a separate form that you fill out if you did not file any tax returns because you we not legally required to.
    So the poor debtor, seeing naught around him
    Yet feels the narrow limits that impound him
    Grieves at his debt and studies to evade it
    And finds at last he might as well have paid it.

Comment

there is no special form you need to fill out. i filed bk unemployed and didn't have to fill any additional forms.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
        there is no special form you need to fill out. i filed bk unemployed and didn't have to fill any additional forms.
        What did you need to give them for your unemployment- your 1099 form or what?

Comment

what about I ve unemployed from almost a year...I have no paystubs since january 09. Don't have to fill a form for no presenting paystubs.

Comment

Some Districts actually do have a form that has a title similar to "Affidavit of No Pay Advices" or something similar. This is because pay statements (pay advices) covering the 60 days prior to filing are required in order to file. You can always check with your local Clerk's office by calling and asking a "procedural" question.

If they don't have such a stock form, you can file a statement titled similarly.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

oh, i had my unemployment check stubs in place of pay advices.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X