Need to know if i will lose any of my homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to know if i will lose any of my homes

I have asked before but not getting any answers. I have 3 homes and 2 are rentals that dont have any tenants yet. Hoping to get one tenant soon as she put a deposit.

I need to know if they will ask me to give up my homes. I know I can afford them if I get rid of the cc's and lines of credit. I will soon find a tenant for the 2nd house.

I am late by 60 days on the 2nd line of credit of all 3 of them. I am up to date on all the 1st loans.

Do they ever tell people to give up their homes? I am working with the bank to get modified on 2 of them.

Please, would appreciate your help. I am filing early April as I want to modify the loans before I go into bankruptcy so it doesnt stop the process.

Thanks

No, they won't ask you to give up the homes. However, if you are not making enough money to cover the full cost of the rentals and/or they are underwater, the Trustee could think this is bad faith. Especially if you're reaffirming that debt. Think about it. You ask for bankruptcy protection but re-affirm the largest debt items that you really can't afford? I mean, it shouldn't take a Trustee to intervene.

You now freely admit that they all have 2nd mortgages that are all late. Please, let them go. I tried to save mine and in the end, it's just not worth it. Trust me when I say that having one or more "empty" properties (and you only have two) and entering Chapter 7 (or even Chapter 13) is a very bad thing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X