No announcement yet.

Lied on all loan applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell your attorney, that way YOUR attorney can advise you. Your attorney cannot help you or advise you if they don't know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
      Tell your attorney, that way YOUR attorney can advise you. Your attorney cannot help you or advise you if they don't know about it.
      I agree with you and just got back from my attorney consultation a few minutes ago. I am expecting to file Monday, March 29th.

It was hard for me to explain but he does understand (what I did, not that it was a smart thing to do). He said since it has been so long, and you did make payments, lost your job and stopped making payments to all of them. That was well over a year ago since my last payment stopped and none of them have sued me or anything so that is a good sign.

As far as when we have the 341 creditor meeting, he said the chance of a creditor showing up is very slim, and yet again the chances of them asking me "did you lie on your credit application" are even slimmer. Basically the next 100 days I am going to be worried about this beyond belief until I get the discharge papers.

Comment

and hopefully afterwards you'll never forge a document again!

ok, i think you will have paid more than enough for your crimes, so i'll start being nice to you now

good luck!
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by Dst1 View Post

And thank god there is a place like BK Forums where you can get good advice quietly.

The forum posts hit google faster than you can blink. If enough information is pieced together, I am betting that somebody who really wanted to could even figure out exactly who the OP is. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
            and hopefully afterwards you'll never forge a document again!

ok, i think you will have paid more than enough for your crimes, so i'll start being nice to you now

good luck!
            No sir! I will never again think about it! I just need to get through this and my life will change I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
              The forum posts hit google faster than you can blink. If enough information is pieced together, I am betting that somebody who really wanted to could even figure out exactly who the OP is. Just sayin'.
              Great! Now I am more worried

Comment

Well they would have to be pretty ambitious, I reckon, to want to figure out who you are, but yeah, the internet is no secret garden.

Comment

They would have to be able to match your handle with your email address. Doesn't this site protect that information? I am curious how they could go about doing that (piecing things together).

Comment

I dunno how they do it. But they do it. Algorithms, I reckon. Sophisticated programs that can destruct and reconstruct seemingly inconsequential bits of data. Netflix actually offered a reward of something like $1 million dollars to anyone who could figure out who people were just from their movie ques. And there was a taker.

There's a rather lengthy article about it here, http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...anishes-online

But in short, it says:

"Computer scientists and policy experts say that such seemingly innocuous bits of self-revelation can increasingly be collected and reassembled by computers to help create a picture of a person's identity, sometimes down to the Social Security number."

"Technology has rendered the conventional definition of personally identifiable information obsolete," said Maneesha Mithal, associate director of the Federal Trade Commission's privacy division. "You can find out who an individual is without it."

Jon Kleinberg, a professor of computer science at Cornell University who studies social networks, is skeptical that rules will have much impact. His advice: "When you're doing stuff online, you should behave as if you're doing it in public -- because increasingly, it is."

Comment

As I understand it, any representation of income WITHOUT documentation can be considered legal if the applicant really believed that this income could plausibly result - e.g., I have a great plan to start up a company and make $200K a year, so as far as I am concerned, my income is $200K. If the creditor does not stipulate documentation for the claim of income, then by default, the creditor also believes that the income will be realized. Of course, if the creditor asks for paystubs or tax returns, then the applicant must supply those documents as unadulterated. Such adulteration would be de facto purjury.

Comment

Let's drop the conspiracy theory crap...the CC companies are not cruising the internet looking for this. Don't worry.

Comment

Let's drop the conspiracy theory crap...the CC companies are not cruising the internet looking for this. Don't worry.
                          It's hardly conspiracy theory crap. It's called data mining and it is a very real and very lucrative business. Believe it or don't. I don't care. And I never said the CC companies were cruising the internet looking for this information, but it IS a fact that debt collectors and the like use social networks to find people. And it is a fact that once you put information on the interwebs... it's out there. Fact of life. Like it or don't.

Comment

Thank HHM! You are always reassuring and I appreciate your help. People just try to scare people I guess.

Comment

Is the FBI Watching Your Every Move on Facebook?

FBI, Feds collect Facebook, social media data; Why are you surprised?

A pair of University of Texas researchers proved they could identify individuals by cross-checking their movie preferences with other publicly available information.
                              EFF Posts Documents Detailing Law Enforcement Collection of Data From Social Media Sites
                              EFF has posted documents shedding light on how law enforcement agencies use social networking sites to gather information in investigations. The records, obtained from the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Justice Criminal Division, are the first in a series of documents that will be...

IRS using social networking to piece together a few facts that illustrate you lied about your taxes? Oooh.

Give me a break. Why wouldn’t the Feds use these tools? They’d be idiots if they didn’t. Repeat after me:

* Privacy is a bit of a joke online and you willingly give it up.
                              * People share everything on social networks (lunch, vacation plans, whereabouts, drivel no one cares about).
                              * This information is increasingly public.
                              Debt Collectors Using Cute Chicks On Facebook As Bait

Bill Collectors Use Facebook, MySpace to Track Debtors

People throw all sorts of personal information up on Facebook that can be very useful if you're trying to get in touch with them, or hunt them down. Phone numbers, email addresses, web pages, messages that mention your whereabouts, all of this is potentially useful to a professional skiptracer. The trick is that some people set their profile pages as private and you have to be their friend to see it. So, as a debt collection agency, just make a profile with a cute chick in it, put a plausible amount of real content in it, and have her friend the people you want to keep tabs on.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                                ... it IS a fact that debt collectors and the like use social networks to find people. And it is a fact that once you put information on the interwebs... it's out there.

How To Disappear Online
                                You can delete your old Friendster account and those embarrassing blog entries. But can you erase your online identity altogether?

The only real solution, argues a hacker and security researcher who calls himself "Dead Addict," is to not reveal your personal information in the first place.
                                Facebook - the CIA conspiracy
                                Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald

Ex-CIA Agent States Google is "In Bed With" the CIA

CIA enlists Google's help for spy work
                                US intelligence agencies are using Google's technology to help its agents share information about their suspects

When tweets can make you a jailbird
                                The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.

The Justice document describes how Facebook, MySpace and Twitter have interacted with federal investigators: Facebook is "often cooperative with emergency requests," the government said. MySpace preserves information about its users indefinitely and even stores data from deleted accounts for one year. But Twitter's lawyers tell prosecutors they need a warrant or subpoena before the company turns over customer information, the document says.

"Will not preserve data without legal process," the document says under the heading, "Getting Info From Twitter ... the bad news."

The chief security officer for MySpace, Hemanshu Nigam, said MySpace doesn't want to stand in the way of an investigation. "That said, we also want to make sure that our users' privacy is protected and any data that's disclosed is done under proper legal process," Nigam said.

MySpace requires a search warrant for private messages less than six months old, according to the company.

Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes said the company has put together a handbook to help law enforcement officials understand "the proper ways to request information from Facebook to aid investigations."
                                Judge Approves $9.5 Million Facebook ‘Beacon’ Accord
                                A federal judge on Wednesday approved a $9.5 million settlement to a class action lawsuit challenging Facebook’s program that monitored and published what users of the social networking site were buying or renting from Blockbuster, Overstock and other locations. The case concerned allegations Facebook’s now defunct “Beacon” program breached federal wiretap and video-rental privacy laws. […]

Undercover Feds on Social Networking Sites Raise Questions
                                The next time someone tries to “friend” you on Facebook, it may turn out to be an undercover fed looking to examine your private messages and photos, or surveil your friends and family. The Electronic Frontier Foundation has obtained an internal Justice Department document that describes what law enforcement is doing on social networking sites. […]

Again, just so no one misses this:
                                The foundation also obtained an Internal Revenue Service document that instructs employees on how to use to use Internet tools — including social networking sites — to investigate taxpayers.
                                There's an old saying, "The Law is the Weapon; the Courtroom the Battlefield, The Judge is your Enemy, your Lawyer is an Enemy Spy"
                                Last edited by Xue; 03-19-2010, 08:17 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X