Lied on all loan applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cumulus32 View Post
    Thank HHM! You are always reassuring and I appreciate your help. People just try to scare people I guess.
    Hi. tigergem is not trying to scare you. Tigergem is just trying to help you. It's up to you what you do with information. If the FBI, CIA, IRS, and debt collection agencies are using data mining and web pages and facebook et al, don't you think that the private sector such as credit card companies could too?

Good luck!
    Last edited by Xue; 03-19-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

All those examples are examples are of people with known and identifiable identities. This is an anonymous forum. A person's email is not indexed (but I suppose someone could hack the member database). Posting on this forum is not going to lead to anyone identifying you or using your posts against you.

For example, do a google search of your real name or email address and see if ANY post from this forum pops up. I am willing to bet it doesn't.

Yes, there is a lot of information that can be easily found out about you, I am not denying it, but finding a random forum post under a pseudonym and linking to a specific person is harder than you think. The person looking would need to already know to even have a shot at finding it.

Comment

Your attorney should know. Why is that people think that they should omit such crucial information to an attorney? The last thing we need is for some creditor to show up at a 341 and start grilling the client about something we had no idea of.

That said, there is a potential dischargeability issue, specifically dealing with fraud. Now, if you provided them with tax returns as part of the package for your application for the loan, then it may be that the credit union should have had fair warning that something was amiss and that further inquiry would have revealed a problem. Maybe there was something that stuck out like a sore thumb which they ignored. This is a defense for you.

Then again, maybe the credit union won't do anything. Hard to say. But given the amount, don't think that you're going to skate through with no questioning.

If I were the attorney, I would see if we can swing a cheap Chapter 13 (creditors may be far less likely to challenge nondischargeability if they believe they're getting paid).

Let this be a lesson ... DO NOT lie on credit applications. JUST ... DON'T ... DO ... IT. You could end up with major nondischargeability issues.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X