Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolmom04 View Post
    Congratulations on your discharge
    Thanks Coolmom for realizing the true nature of this thread.
    Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
    341 Meeting 01/20/2010
    Discharged 3/22/2010
    Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      It was only this small Riverside Bank that complained and the debtor reaffirmed the debt (changing their intentions to "retain" and the intention to "reaffirm").
      I guess that makes sense with the Bank being small, and probably wounded or trying NOT to be wounded and absorbed. Many of these small ones had the OTS on them hot and heavy for super sloppy lending practices.

Two Riversides down there,,, well one now, since one went by way of the FDIC into another bank.

Riverside Bank of Gulf Coast

Then there is Riverside Natl Bank still going strong... Brevard Co based, I think.

Comment

WOW I waited forever for this day, I guess I expected more than this. I got no hamsters and a hijacked thread.
        Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
        341 Meeting 01/20/2010
        Discharged 3/22/2010
        Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by logansdad View Post
          WOW I waited forever for this day, I guess I expected more than this. I got no hamsters and a hijacked thread.
          I think the hamsters are on vacation or something. Haven't seen them in a week.

So, here are the "replacement hamsters" that do gigs as impersonators. I'm sure the real deal will show up soon.

Congratulations!

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats!!!
            Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
            341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
            Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
            Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Thanks guys I was only joking
              Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
              341 Meeting 01/20/2010
              Discharged 3/22/2010
              Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by logansdad View Post
                Thanks Coolmom for realizing the true nature of this thread.
                That is right Congratulations on your discharge and enjoy your fresh start!
                Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Logansdad, I'm sorry I highjacked your thread, I am very happy for you and wish you the best.

But since I did highjack the thread, I'd like to add another comment.

I guess it's irrelevant becasue it appears people are doing ride thru's by default.

Regardless of whether or not "Taylor" has been in effect for 17 years or not. All I was pointing out was that the Judge specifically said in his ruling that the only way to keep property was to redeem or re-affirm. This is obivously not the case. I would have assumed (as he/she did) that he would have ruled in Riverside's favor, but not went as far as saying that no debtor could keep property unless he redeemed or re-affirmed, because it just isn't true. It practice it up to the banks discretion to foreclose on non-reaffirmed property.

I guess I don't know enough about how the law works, but it seems wierd that he would word his ruling in a way that contradicts what is actually happening in alot of cases.

I guess what Mensa & Justbroke are saying is that by not redeeming or re-affirming, by default you are "surrendering" but the bank just doesn't have to foreclose on the "surrendered" property. I guess this is just another case of the law clearly saying one thing, but in practice it is handled differently from what the law clearly says.
                  Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
                  Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
                  341 - 2/12/2010
                  Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCA2009 View Post
                    Regardless of whether or not "Taylor" has been in effect for 17 years or not. All I was pointing out was that the Judge specifically said in his ruling that the only way to keep property was to redeem or re-affirm. This is obivously not the case.
                    When it comes before the Bankruptcy Court... it "is" the case. The Judge can only go by the law and the caselaw and precedence is clear. Now, what happens in practice is what I wrote earlier... where Citimortgage declined to force the debtor to "choose" and Riverside decided to use the court to compel the debtor to "choose".

Originally posted by BCA2009 View Post
                    I guess I don't know enough about how the law works, but it seems wierd that he would word his ruling in a way that contradicts what is actually happening in alot of cases.
                    Aha, you hit the nail on the head. However, there's a difference between what the law is and what people do. I guess it requires a definition of what actually happens in a BK case. There are many many things that go on in a BK case that are just not checked or litigated. Much of the time, creditors and debtors just don't care. There are almost always things that a particular case does that is in conflict with the law. however, every case is not reviewed down to ensure compliance.

Just look at foreclosures. A perfect example of how the banks are foreclosing on properties, where they didn't even file the right paperwork to prove that they are the "real" party in interest and that they have standing to bring forth the complaint to start with! This happens hundreds of times a day and nobody complains. It's only when a complaint or a defense/offense is raised that gets the Judge's attention.

That doesn't change the underlying law. I think this to be no different than an assault victim, never filing a police report. Just because it happened, doesn't mean any action is taken.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, that does make sense. I didn't think about it having to go all the way to the judge to be enforced. The way I read the ruling, I was thinking that reardless of whether or not it was challenged, the judge was saying debtor had no choice but to follow the specific language of the law. But rather he was saying the debtor and creditor can do whatever they want, but if it comes to the judge, then the debtor has to redeem or re-affirm.

Well, I learn something new every day. Thanks
                      Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
                      Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
                      341 - 2/12/2010
                      Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Congrats on your DISCHARGE!!!! WhooooHooooooo!!!
                        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Hey, what is this thread all about, anyway...?

Now I am getting all confused by these emotions.......

Oh BTW, Congrats to logansdad on your discharge!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X